View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 VR feedback (Jockey Rush/Starters Orders 6) 
Selling plater

Post VR feedback (Jockey Rush/Starters Orders 6)
WOW I tried the VR and it is so surreal, the game has been taken to a whole new level. Some suggestions (some are obvious but need mentioning)

- have the headset support in every part of the game, taking the headset on and off between races brakes immersion and general enjoyment of the game (thank you for even doing it though!)
- we need replays (headset view included), I had the most action packed dramatic final 3 furlongs I can remember and it's lost forever because for the strangest reasons there are no replays in this game. Why?
- for some reason I have to look further over my left shoulder to see behind me than the right which feels normal (not just because of preference), makes no sense
- now and again the horse just doesn't jump and it can be quite annoying (about 1/33 times)
- if my horse is out of the race it would be nice to have the option of viewing from the POV of the other horses
- there's no way of getting a fair start as you can't see the red indicator as you would in normal mode

I know it's experimental and I appreciate it but in a game (Jockey Rush) which was 95% ported from SO6 and taking into account you're asking for a full price here - we really should have replays at the very least. 10 horse field Online Multiplayer and better VR after that.

Great game thanks

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:27 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: VR feedback (Jockey Rush/Starters Orders 6)
Hi Wifi

I have played VR a lot and have made some of my own suggestions in other post regarding VR and can offer some info to your post for what its worth.

I agree in VR this game really is out of this world, it is my favourite VR title and I have a few.

1:Headset support kind of works with the App 'Virtual Desktop' but you have to play around a bit at the start to get it working on the non race screens but it can work meaning you can have whole sessions without having to take your headset off.

2: VR Replays is an excellent suggestion particularly if you could select the view with your controller.

3:Looking left is different to looking right and I'm glad you noticed this. I was actually going to go to the doctor because I thought I had a problem with my spine not twisting !

4:The horse not jumping thing is a pain and I have narrowed it down to this. If you move your horse not too long before a fence it may not respond to a jump. Pulling back on the rains a hundred yards or so from a fence is the most common cause as the horse doesn't react to this until nearer the fence and then it wont jump when you push the jump button. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I try to only push and pull horses a long way away from jumps unless I have to make an emergency adjustment or am in the final throws of a close race and have no choice.

5:POV replays when you fall would be nice as its a real bummer falling and that would lessen the blow if you still got to be a small part of the race if you wanted.

6:The starts are fixed now as I asked Mark to put in a VR start icon and he kindly did. If you update to the latest patch it should be there, if not i'd post in tech support as is should work fine and without it its impossible to get a good start.

7: If I was Mark I would be frantically working on an online multiplayer VR game in a Jockey Rush style as it could be a massive hit. The jockey aspect of Starters Orders is perfect for VR and the VR market would love a horse racing game I'm sure. Like I said this is already better than most VR titles out there and really should be available in the Oculus store as a multiplayer arcade game. I'm sure it would be a lot of work but it is a golden opportunity to get into the arcade side of the market.

I hope some of that helps and hopefully Mark can help with the rest of the issues. :)

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:07 am
Selling plater

Post Re: VR feedback (Jockey Rush/Starters Orders 6)
great reply thank you very much. It really is as you say a golden opportunity for online multiplayer, VR is hard to describe but it's pure joy turning the bend with three or four of you still going well and not knowing what's going to unfold

I would happily just pay for an addon for this game to have the things we brought up (especially online jumps mp), I would pay £30 I'm serious it's that good. Thanks for the info regarding the horses not jumping I'm sure that's just me not presenting the horse properly

the Oculus Touch controllers are out and they would work perfectly with this game (one hand on each side of reigns) but the SO/JR VR front does seem quiet and I understand it's not priority, I just don't want to see the VR aspect of this game slowly die

I will experiment with virtual desktop and see how it goes thanks. You make a great point about making this available on the Oculus store, just maybe a short jumps race as a teaser to get people trying it (free). It WOULD sell Mark! (include voice chat people would truly love this)

thanks again it's good to see someone else is playing this in VR!

Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]