View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Hi all 
Selling plater

Post Hi all
Hi all,

i'm a new player. I'm here to ask you some help to begin in a right mode.

I try to make some experiments until now and i understand that the better thing to do, from the beginning, is to sell our assigned horses and than to try buiyng better one to the auction. What i don't understand is how to value auction horses. I have past race (1 or 2 at the beginnin) and class of parent's horse, but i think there are not other things to consider. So i really don't know what i'm buying. It would be better if we could see parent's horse records, to make better joices. So we don't know anything about 2yo too. Auction is like a roulette in my opinion.

I'm asking you some trick to begin in a better way

Ty all

PS: what is oculus rift? I don't understand as i'm not english, so i'm in difficulty with forum explanations

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:42 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Hi all
Money is key when you start out there is never enough of it. Few pointers, mostly your starting horses are awful, selling them is a sensible option, but occasionally you will get a 2/3yo with around 70% potential these are worth keeping and well entered will get you a win or two.

The end of year auctions are a lottery and best avoided when money is low, you may get the odd gem, but buying blind is not sensible. Your better off using the mid week auctions from the race days, you need to go to the race day itself to access the auction here you can see horses form and can therefore buy with a little insight. It is also worth looking at your 'horses' tab in game to check out the best horses around at the time, following the horse which is a small icon top left of the screen will tell you when it is running and if it's going to be auctioned, then it is just a waiting game, though you can use this information to bet, which is a sound option to make cash early on, betting on frankel if he is in your game is also sensible about as close to a sure thing you will find.

Josh

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:49 am
Group 1 winner

The trick and the part that unlocks the game is getting a breeding barn up once you have a decent colt, anything 80% potential plus early on qualifies as that.

And you can make your start easier by keep restarting a new game until one of your starting horses looks good enough to put you on a path to breeding. Not for everyone so depends on your patience really. Also does not hurt using your first few run throughs to play and race to learn the ropes jockey commands training methods and race schedules etc.

Josh

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:55 am
Selling plater

Ty

Now, i try to sell all my 3 original horse. Best of revenue was about 450k. To bagin breeding i need more cash to upgrade my stable. It's impossible to do at the very beginning.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:20 am
Handicapper

might be best to start on easy level until you get used to everything, you'll get 5 horses to start with and a bigger purse :)

Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Worry about breeding when you have a good colt to breed from. Also a lot of the builds are just for show, focus on those that help you. And 450k on frankel is likely worth the punt.

Relish the challenge early on as once you get a g1 horse the game gets much easier. Maybe as suggested play on easy mode to learn, you can always pool any good horses you get and transfer them back into another game if your dead set on the hardest level.

Way back when, I struggled for about 10 seasons until I finally found a 6yo monster stallion in the auctions, cost me about 2m but changed everything.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]