View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 2YO Statbars an insight to Breeding 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: 2YO Statbars an insight to Breeding
very normal

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

One of my jumping lines max at 6yo and usually hold til 7yo, but 90% or more are in decline by 6 or 7.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:10 pm
Handicapper

cheers guys wasn't sure if it was just me or not !!!

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:23 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Finally starting to master the BQ bar and managed not to loose any of the other bars

Paul how do u use Galileo 6 times( it could be more) with those prefix ???

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:29 pm
Group 1 winner

i think its when the II Version gets transferred in twice more you can see the same here

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Does not happen when you cross between games, only when you use a horse that existed in the same game. Though for gamebreds it seems to always add the II

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:58 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Finally starting to master the BQ bar and managed not to loose any of the other bars

This is really a beast! I'm near that but Paul, when does the Potential of your horses reach 100% anh how high is it at 2 yo?

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

I have never seen a full potential 2yo until we saw Johns in another thread

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Wow, there is a lot of great information and insight into breeding here, and I thank all those who have contributed. I started playing SO about 6 months back and am taking my first stab at breeding and think I have a decent idea of how it all works, but I do have a couple of questions.

A horses potential bar can continue to rise from 2-6 years (I have also read potential stops at 5, but pretty sure in this thread it was stated 6), but will also eventually degrade as the horse deteriorates with age. After this deterioration kicks in, it is the max potential - not the horses current potential, that is still passed on through breeding correct? Also, I have retired my first solid horse (2 year old with a handful of G1 wins) at the end of his 2 year old season and used the game pool trick to transfer the horse back into the game so I can both breed and race it. After doing this however, I noticed that as the horse sits in the breeding barn, its potential continues to rise as it ages. This stat rise is consistent in several games with both the horse that is still racing and the copy in the breeding barn, which leaves me to believe that this is a stat is already known behind the scenes and there is no luck factor in this growth. My question here is that by retiring and breeding the horse as a 3 year old, when I know it will continue to grow in potential over the next 2 years, is this horse passing on its current potential bar or its maximum growth potential bar? For example, if at 3 years old the horse has 75 potential, but then 90 at 4 years old, as a 3 year old breeder could it only ever pass on that max 75 potential and not the 90 it will have at 4 years old?

I also am aware that cruising burst goes up from 2-3, and then sounds like with the new update also has the chance to degrade over the years. I believe the other bars stay consistent over the years, but similar to the potential bar is it the current max cruising burst of the horse at breeding age that matters, or the the bar at the height of the horses life? If I take that same horse I mentioned earlier that had potential increase from 75-90 from 3-4, but also had cruising burst degrade from 70-50, would the 3 year old version of that horse pass on maximum stats of 75 potential and 70 crusing burst, while the 4 year old version could pass on maximum stats of 90 potential and 50 cruising burst?

Lastly, I have read that some people save files of their horses at ages 3, 4, and 5, while others only at one of those ages. Is there a best approach here? If the max potential of a horse is not reached until 6, is it in theory always best to have a 6 year old version of your horse for breeding? More simply, does the horse already have pre-determined stats (which it appears so due to growth of the horse always being the same) and those are what is passed on in breeding regardless of the current age of the horse?

Sorry, I know it is a bit winded and confusing, but with a limited amount of time to play due to work I am trying to pick the brains of you experts in this thread without "reinventing the wheel" so to speak. Thanks for all your help!

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:56 am
Handicapper

If you're exporting a horse to race them in another game, I would export them at 2yo (so they would be 3yo in the transfers). If you're exporting a horse for breeding, I would export them as a 4yo (so they're 5yo in the transfers).

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:15 pm
Handicapper

Just an example - not one of my horses....

now before you laugh, this is just a start up new game horse, nothing special just a few high bars...ie jumping speed 100% :)
what i need to know if anyone can advise is how do i breed that bar into a line without knocking potential and extra speed etc down to same level? I want the higher jumping and enthusiasm from it but not the rest if it's possible.

to sum up...how do you bring in a new high bar without lowering any others you've made high?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:35 am
Group 1 winner

by continuously breeding util one filly and one colt have the stats you want then all their offspring will have it

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7