View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 2YO Statbars an insight to Breeding 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: 2YO Statbars an insight to Breeding
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
your not wrong John it takes a long time but the sad thing is once you get there
you can have a horse at every distance with the same stats my 1m6 horses produced
some 1m4 horses who are already producing 1m2 horses who will produce milers and
they will produce sprinters it works going up too thats why i think the ttf is bad

I have enjoyed the challenge i doubt i will try and bring in BQ to the lines as i dont
think its important enough more likely seek something with higher cruising burst

I've still refuse to bred like that, I call it thunders computer formula. I'm still a throw mud at the wall and enough will stick method breeder, I would find it boring otherwise and I'd rather fall down the pecking order and get overtaken than do it that way. That's why I love the jumps side of breeding.

The ttf's are not the problem but because u can see the bars it's like football manager, I would love for Mark to hide the bars because the game would last a lot longer because u would always be looking for that next great gamebred and more fun and the league would be more fun because people wouldn't need to bred flat monster's to be competitive, I think to win a group1 race on the flat a horse has to be 95+ and that number will probably be 97+ next season.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:40 am
Handicapper

Maybe there should be another game mode to start a gmae with always hidden stats, should be no problem for Mark.

Paul I like your CB and extra speed, I'm still missing 10% extra speed and 5-10% more CB but not far from having BQ 70-90% in all my horses.
But it is still more important to find the best performer out of the statistical nice horses. Just get the best racers and stats together.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:52 am
Group 1 winner

He either makes it a condition in so7 or he does not any on off will just be manipulated by players. I also think 90% of people will want stat bars and new players are likely to expect them from a sim type game anyway.

As for the breeding when I kick out the misus and quit my job, after having won the lottery, I'll give it a whirl :)

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:13 pm
Group 1 winner

The good thing with the league is that some horses are league horses and some are not even if they have great bars, that's one thing u cant bred in them, the unknown.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:29 pm
Group 1 winner

True, but throw enough of these war admirals at the problem and it will make no difference eventually, us seabiscuit trainers will not have a lot to play for.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
True, but throw enough of these war admirals at the problem and it will make no difference eventually, us seabiscuit trainers will not have a lot to play for.

And we all know what happened there.

I can say there are no War Admirals born in the South Wales Valleys, more like pit ponies. :lol:

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:24 pm
Group 2 winner

Before this years league started I thought I was entering some nice horses. I had concentrated my breeding efforts on getting good green bars, but I don't think I have a single flat horse with a rating over 100. The best they have done is win a few low level handicaps.

Most of my league horses look like this.

[url]Image[/url]

While the potential and extra speed bars are not full, they are pretty good, although I would have liked better cruising burst. Maybe I could have improved the horses a little if I had bred a few more seasons. I only bred this type of horse for 2 generations, but I must admit I still thought they would do better in the league.

During the 2 week break in the league I started breeding for next season. At the minute I am running a short season game where I am breeding with every gamebred horse I can in the breeding barn, but so far have not found anything to improve my lines.

While green bars are nice to have, I am not sure if they are all that matters.

Another thing is, I may have made a mistake when exporting this years flat team. I gave them all an "even pace" instruction whereas others have said they just let their horses run how they want. In the game, most of my horses were even paced horses anyway and I notice that some of the best horses in the league seem to be hold-up horses.

Last edited by Wannabe on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:14 am
Group 1 winner

Same here - I have a few horses in the league with bars similar but no love at all!
If you and I had those bars last league season we would have picked up more winners.
Just goes to show that everyone across the board have improved their horses for this league season.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:33 am
Group 1 winner

I never ride my horses, so never know beyond observation what their best running style is, I let the horse and jockey work it out. Though my breeding lines can all be traced back to one game horse who was a hold up runner, so most of my lines breed the same.

I rarely use instructions in game and so also export without any, I did some testing on this and saw no noticeable improvement in trials, I simply look for perfect fitness whilst ensuring adequate stamina.

I have next to nothing that looks like that in my league team, Great White Hope is likely one of the few though he did not max potential until he was 6yo. But I am also not obsessive about bars, I look at 1yo and then at 2yo after they have raced, retiring those I do not think will make it, after which everything plays until 7yo and the trials tell me what's good or not. Trial performers go to the barn, the rest go to the glue factory regardless of bars.

Would love for SO7 to increase the 150 stable cap, that limit causes me no end of trouble.

Josh

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Jim u not that far off. This Is my horse in the league, this is the last miler I've bred because I don't enjoy breeding for this distance so I've stopped.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:05 pm
Group 2 winner

Thanks for the insight into your horse John. It gives me hope for the future. Like I have said before, I probably didn't spend enough time on my flat team, I tended to concentrate on the jumps team. I will dedicate myself to the flat team for the next couple of months before going back to my jumpers.

I do have another line of horses with 100% potential and 100% extra speed at 3yo but only 20% cruising burst. I have produced about 150 foals from breeding the 2 lines together, but none of the foals had the best of both parents.

The line above with the 70% cruising bust but 97% potential and 97% extra speed are still the best in the CK.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:46 pm
Group 1 winner

John have you noticed if jump game horses have more CB
was just wondering were i should go shopping NH or flat

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
John have you noticed if jump game horses have more CB
was just wondering were i should go shopping NH or flat

I think flat horses have more, I've never seen a jump horse have a really high CB. I think the CB is a total luck bar, and when u find one the horse is usually very average. U showed me one of u's and it had around the same or a bit more than a horse I found a long time ago that I never really used. I don't think u will get one much higher than the one u found, I don't think u can get 100% CB.

This is the one I found on 28th feb 2015. And luck plays a massive part in this game because I was messing around one day in a Irish flat game ( I've never played it before or after) and this is the highest one I ever found.

I never really bred from him apart from around 10 or so horses and this is the highest one I bred from him, this exact day last year.

It's only now I've started to bred from him because he was a slow boat, I've said I don't bred horses like Thunders way ( probably much quicker than mine) but I enjoy the mud against the wall approach ( more fun in my books).

Paul if u do find one with a higher CB then u have ( I cant be arsed looking for one) to come and tell everyone but it's a needle in a haystack and u might just have found the highest one u going to get.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
Thanks for the insight into your horse John. It gives me hope for the future. Like I have said before, I probably didn't spend enough time on my flat team, I tended to concentrate on the jumps team. I will dedicate myself to the flat team for the next couple of months before going back to my jumpers.

I do have another line of horses with 100% potential and 100% extra speed at 3yo but only 20% cruising burst. I have produced about 150 foals from breeding the 2 lines together, but none of the foals had the best of both parents.

The line above with the 70% cruising bust but 97% potential and 97% extra speed are still the best in the CK.

Like the best piece of advice from Andy, sometimes u got to go back to go forward or u lines just get stale. The last 2 or 3 % is always the hardest even now my 1m4 - 1m6 horses don't always produce 100 speed. The first thing I done when I started this game was to make sure my flat team had full potential 3yo bar's before I even cared about the others.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Since in the pain in my arse left ( and all the crap) I've only started breeding again ( if it's not work- pub) it's probably messing around in this game. Just finished my trial's and this is how I do it with my notebook ( no not a computer). It's probably a million miles away from Thunders approach but I like to right down the breeding of my horses that move on so I can see who's doing what. I found out that my horse Present Abbey( my top 4m4) is not just good on the track but a lot of her horses she bred have gone through and that she has bred the top2 horses over 3m4f on good ground and yet none over 4miles. That is one distance 4miles I cant get right.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next