View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Primary/Secondary stats 
Selling plater

Post Primary/Secondary stats
I'm a new player on starters orders and I'm addicted to the game. There are a couple of things I need help with on SO6. First, Can someone explain the Primary and Secondary stats of the horses to me. Some are obvious, but I can't figure out what others mean.

Second, how do I properly gallop my horses during training. The first time I tried it with 3 horses and they all got hurt. So if someone could explain that to me as well as any other training tips or techniques I would find useful.

Thanks

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Primary/Secondary stats
Ok I can have a stab at this, but I am going from memory so may miss a couple :)

Potential - without question the most important stat on a horse and there are two variations of potential. The light green bar is absolute potential, this is how good the horse could be, and realised potential the dark green bar which denotes how good it is now. Potential is fluid to a degree in sofar as it can increase via either two methods, one is racing especially when they are in their 2 and 3yo seasons, the other is time so as the horse ages, so January time things will improve or rather may improve. As they get to the end of their peak, typically from 4-6 potential will start to decline yearly. Some horses will never reach their full absolute potential not matter what you do with them.

Battling Qualities - as it sounds this is how much a horse will fight for the lead when pressured, it is a hard stat to find and even harder to keep so do not be too troubled if your horses are low here.

Constitution - basically their stamina, denotes how many races a horse has in it per year. This is managed in the second stat box with the vertical lines, a horse has an available amount of energy, when trained or raced the red bar declines and the green bar increases, when race fit the green bar is at it's peak. So this simply defines how much the red bar gets hit when your fully training.

Confidence - not key but certainly a nice to have, low confidence horses can run below ability if they lose races so ideally you want something with decent confidence so results are not effected by form.

Extra speed - this is flat out speed of your horse, the shorter the distance it is suited for the more of this you will want. This really comes into play at the business end of a race. Very important stat, likely second only to potential.

Crusing Burst - this denotes the period of time a horse can run at top speed, so how long it can maintain pace for basically, tends to exist on distance horses more than sprinters but on a sprinter with good extra pace makes for the overall horse speed and can be lethal. Probably the 3rd most important stat.

Consistency - simply means how often the horse will run the same, inconsistency will make a horses performances hit and miss.

Enthusiasm - under rated in my view and one I think can make subtle differences, but basically is how willing or interested a horse is in the whole process of racing jumping and training.

Juvenile Constitution - the version of constitution when they are babies, so 2yo etc.

Finish Application - maybe the 4th most important, is how applied the horse will be at the end of the race, you really want this as high as possible

Deterioration - the only red bar on the card, is how likely the horse is to get worse as it ages, lower the better really, but a star 3yo is still a star 3yo even if by 4yo he is in decline. I avoid breeding this but have had top horses where this stat is full.

Training adaptation - how likely a horse is to take to training something new, like jumping for example

Jumping potential - how well it can jump basically, stat for the chasers. Comes with age and training.

Jumping speed - how fast it jumps, stat for your hurdlers.

Think that's the lot :)

Josh

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

Training:

Two method, auto in which you don't have too worry or manual where you knee deep and in my view will get the best sim type experience in the game.

There are 3 main training lots, read fitness, red, amber and green 3 side training options jump agility and starting and then two sub options speed and stamina. The horses themselves also have 3 levels of fitness red - seriously unfit, amber - semi fit and green - race fit, though there are degrees of freedom in this so green could be both full fitness or almost there but can race.

As a rule any run, race or gallop where the horse is not in a green condition will have a very high probability of injury.

How you manage this is key to race performance and is a little trial and error with some variation horse to horse, but as a starter for ten, on full red training setting allow 25 to 30 days too take a horse from red condition to full fit green, jumpers seem to take longer to me, 10-15 days amber to green and rested green say 5 days for full fitness.

You will need to switch schedules when they are not running as full training eats stamina, back to that constitution stat if you leave a horse red all year you will exhaust it and not be able to get it race fit, think of it as antagonist forces, so all training needs to be managed around your race entries.

Hope this helps.

Josh

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

Ok missed a few but there self explanatory.

Distance adaptation - how likely it is to cope with running outside it's preferred distance and note what it tells you on the horse may not be it's best, many will be better 2-6f outside what is suggested trail and error in races or gallops

Surface adaptation - how well they cope when not on their preferred ground so a firm preference may cope with heavy going when this is high.

Maturity - bit of a puzzle this but basically the rate at which they develop to fill peak, but I do not pay it much mind.

Quirks - if it is a bit of a nut job, so can refuse to start or jump, or just have off days. Have had very good horses with this full but best avoided in breeding where possible.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:15 am
Group 1 winner

Brilliant sumarising Githyanki and very helpful too especially for those starting out

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Thanks! One more thing. You can set up gallops in training, how should I set those up and what do I need to be looking for? Are they even useful?

Thanks

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes and no, tbh I do not use the gallop option all that often as I tend to use races and trials to do the same, but I also have the advantage of breeeding a stack of g1 horses yearly and no restrictions on money as my stables all have hundreds of millions.

So as a new player maybe be worth messing about with. The set up is simple enough, from training select your distance, and horses, jumps or hurdles if needed etc, then a lead horse, something to set the pace but who is not really in contention, an older horse maybe or something of a different distance, this allows the rest to run as they prefer. Then view.

Things to note, they must be green fitness, and a gallop may enhance their fitness if not already max, amber or red will very likely lead to injury, I cannot recall if their is a stamina impact, but I would only do outside of a busy race period for safety, though I believe it can be used to sharpen fitness as an alternative to base training. The head lad feedback can also be useful to determine horse characteristics like distance etc.

As I said though not something I am a frequent user of, so others may have a better insight.

Josh

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:52 pm
Handicapper

To set up the gallops, you need to have every horse you run in it as fit as if it were for an actual race. If one is off peak it almost always will be injured. I noticed that at first too. I am more careful with gallop fitness than race fitness due to injury. Though you will see the same pattern with high chances of injury in races if the horse was not fit enough. That is the leftmost bar not the second over, condition. I try not to gallop if the fit bar isn't in the top 10%.

Odd question for others reading. I see maturity rate listed. Here and it is in the game, but I have never seen a bar there? I don't see one in the screenshots posted here either. Am I missing something? Or is there nothing there? (I feel like I am questioning the emperors clothes a little). :oops:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]