View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 First Triple Crown Winner 
Selling plater

Post First Triple Crown Winner
I have been reading every post I can find on breeding horses and it has paid off at last. So far I have only good horses at 8f and 1m 2f but I hope to breed this chap with my mares at other distances.

He is a front runner and doesn't like to be headed. He won the Guineas and Derby by about 5 lengths but just sqeaked home in the Leger by half a length.

His green bars are nothing compared to PJ's horses but I am very pleased with this horse and hope to improve his potential and extra speed when I find some horses in the auctions.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: First Triple Crown Winner
That is a very impressive horse stats wise. It would do very well in the league I'm sure of it.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:42 am
Group 1 winner

Nice looking horse, and on paper at least would likely compete in the league. Find a game bred with full speed if you do not already have one and breed it in. The higher potential 2 and 3yo’s I tend to find in the US game, you can find the speed there also.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:43 am
Selling plater

I need some advice.

I have been trying to improve my 8f horses so I have been breeding the above front running horse with some 8f even paced mares. So far I have produced 5 foals with the same bars as horse above. 3 are front runners and 2 are even paced. In the main game the front running horses are doing best but in the race construction kit, the 2 even paced horses always win.

What I am not sure about is, do I persevere with front runners or do I opt for even paced horses?

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Nothing wrong with having front runners in the league, indeed a number of top trainers have been specifically trying to breed some on the basis they will be hard to catch. Though this only really stands up if your the best horse in the field and there will be plenty who have horses who feed off a pace maker, myself included. So really there is no right or wrong answer here. My advice keep doing what your doing and pushing the boundaries of what you can achieve in breeding and you should be ok. CK results are the most valuable indicators for league quality, but don’t right off a good breeding horse due to its running style.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:11 am
Group 1 winner

Adding full speed into the equation, which is not difficult to do would make more difference than anything else. The 80% cruising burst will already likely land you in the upper tiers, speed is the thing you need to improve. If you want tips on how to do this feel free to ask.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:16 am
Selling plater

Githyanki wrote:
Adding full speed into the equation, which is not difficult to do would make more difference than anything else. The 80% cruising burst will already likely land you in the upper tiers, speed is the thing you need to improve. If you want tips on how to do this feel free to ask.

What is your stategy on finding the special horse to improve the breeding lines?

I started a new US game which I ran for 20 seasons, I visited every Thursday auction buying every horse that had won a group race and also used the breeding barn to breed with every horse that had won more than one group race, but had no luck finding a good horse.

Is it just a matter of keep trying or do I look at other horses and not just group winners?

Would starting a new game make a difference? Maybe find a different set of horses in a new game?

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:57 am
Group 1 winner

It is basically a case of keep trying and your on the right lines, just remember your not looking for a good horse, you already have some that are better than anything the game will throw at you. Your looking for a fast horse.

My approach when doing exactly this for my league stables. Start a US schedule game, though speed can be found in the UK also, seed said game with a mix of horses from my export files, mainly sprinters and milers and the fastest I have at my disposal, along with the other bars. More fillies than colts but you want enough colts to cover a decent whack of game horses. Use your best imports to bet on so you can make a load of cash, 10m will do, so your wanting those first race maidens when the odds are in the 40/1 range. Build your stables and breeding barn, then retire to stud all your imports.

Don’t waste time on auctions, you can and will find it there too but it is much slower. Just breed with every game horse in the barn from 5f to 1m no matter what there results are cover everything of that distance. Then when you get each years crop of foals, check for the magic full speed bar, auction the chaff to keep your money ticking over and add fillies to the barn so you can cover yet more. Rinse and repeat. When you find it and you will, export out and seed back too your main game or another to breed into stock. Obviously your not racing or training whilst doing this.

When I did this I was lucky and the full speed horses had generally decent bars, I got several from the same game colt a 5f, though I did spend about 20 seasons ironing out the ripples in another game, essentially improving the full speed horses before taking stock back to my main game, and working into potential and cruising burst.

Hope this helps.

Josh

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Selling plater

Thanks Josh

That's very helpfull.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Group 3 winner

I have found that "Extra Speed" stat is best passed from the male, so look for males with full extra speed.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:30 am
Handicapper

When looking at Full Speed, are you looking for this to be at 100% at 2yo ? Is this Speed on the bars next to condition and stamina.. or are we looking at the Extra Speed Rating bar ??

I'm currently working on breeding at the moment.. my 2yos have great speed potential mostly 75-80% at 2yo but then move to 100% speed once they turn 3.

Been following this thread and thought Id ask the questions above.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:49 am
Group 3 winner

MaLuckyDay wrote:
When looking at Full Speed, are you looking for this to be at 100% at 2yo ? Is this Speed on the bars next to condition and stamina.. or are we looking at the Extra Speed Rating bar ??

I'm currently working on breeding at the moment.. my 2yos have great speed potential mostly 75-80% at 2yo but then move to 100% speed once they turn 3.

Been following this thread and thought Id ask the questions above.

The "Speed" bar (next to stamina) can change as the horse ages, 100% at 3yo is great.
The "Extra Speed" bar will not change so ideally you want to try for 100% at 2yo.

Note: for sprinters the "speed" bar can rise as the horse turns 3 but can drop for long distance horses as the stamina rises when turning 3yo.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 am
Group 1 winner

I personally dispute the theory that certain horse sexes pass certain stats more than others and have results to prove this, but any stat or rather bar your trying to get into a line is going to be better served via a colt simply by virtue of mathematics. Colts can cover more per breed season than fillies.

And yes the extra speed bar is what we are talking, cannot get that one to move, no matter what you try :)

How’s the league breeding going jango?

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:11 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I personally dispute the theory that certain horse sexes pass certain stats more than others and have results to prove this, but any stat or rather bar your trying to get into a line is going to be better served via a colt simply by virtue of mathematics. Colts can cover more per breed season than fillies.

And yes the extra speed bar is what we are talking, cannot get that one to move, no matter what you try :)

How’s the league breeding going jango?

Howdy Josh

I guess there will always be exceptions to the rule with passing on stats via gender. My spreadsheets appear to show some bias but not always a hard and fast rule.
However, i have not successfully ever put a 100% extra speed female with a 98% extra speed male and produced a 100% foal.
I have also found that some sexes seem to inherit some attributes better than the other.
Cruising burst on average seems to pass to females better than males, and i have found a bias towards males passing on CB better than females.
But its not all about the males as i think "Potential" is passed on better from the female as is "Speed".

The breeding is going very well so i have fingers crossed there will be at least one more season before SO7.
I am focusing on producing front running pacemakers with the hope they will be hard to run down.
I have 2 standouts so far with this approach.
I am also trying hard to expand the stable past the 10f as i only had a couple running past 10f last season and they didnt do very well.
Absolutely zero success in getting any decent 5-6f sprinters.
I have a theory that too much CB in sprinters seems to mess them up and all my horses have over 80% CB.
Overall i have probably spent only a 1/4 as much time for the next season as i did the last.

Cheers

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:10 am
Group 1 winner

Not done much focussed breeding myself, have been trying to play the game again, but I have been tinkering with my flat team in so doing and you must have the worst of luck, as I have a nice 84% cb colt with 98% speed, first year breeding him got me three 100% speed foals, but have yet to get the cb to stick at the same time.

Also cannot breed decent sprinters for the life of me

Josh

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next