View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 newbie help with jumps game 
Selling plater

Post newbie help with jumps game
hi im not to bad at the flat game but total lost over the jumps just a couple of questions if somebody could help please

1 how do you schedule each horse (meaning on the flat you go madain listed group ect)
2 what to look for when buying in the auctions

Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:09 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: newbie help with jumps game
All depends how you set things up to play jumps, a jumps only game in my experience punishes you on horse potential development and I do not play them anymore, I instead play combined games and your first 3 seasons are a flat game, train at 1yo (you get your bred horses early in combined) 2yo flat races and again at 3yo. I then switch to jump and test horses over both codes. This approach does of course forsake the bumpers, so you can skip the flat aspect, but in my view 2yo race related potential development is key.

So race approach, tends what you have, and subject to the above flat/bumper decision, something like this:

3yo - bumpers or juvenile hurdles
4yo - juvenile hurdles and if there flat line bred horses that the potential is high for look at graded races towards the end of this year and Cheltenham at 5yo as the year turns
5yo - best hurdle year really, best they can win at
6yo last hurdle year novice chase year, some will be grade capable straight away
7yo chase year and usually when I retire all but the 4m horses who push on until 8-10yo

Auctions are a lottery, end of year ones are largely a waste of money, once in a blue moon something decent turns up, mid week, look for form in the right races, i really only look at g1/2 winners though mainly rely on my breeding.

Josh

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:15 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: newbie help with jumps game
thanks so much josh

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]