View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 trialling a schedule with a "p2p" style, anyone interested? 
Selling plater

Post trialling a schedule with a "p2p" style, anyone interested?
Not sure if this has been done before and some may even see it as cheating as such, but have been trialing this as a way to bring it better staying chasers which is something I've struggled with long term, could put together a bigger schedule if there was anyone interested?

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:35 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: trialling a schedule with a "p2p" style, anyone interest
Just pulled this out of my first proper run through.. Stamina and cruising burst wow :shock:

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Looking at it these schedules just mean you can now buy every horse in the game i guess you can make every
race a selling race and buy the winner at your will I Know Mark was against an option recommended
by quite a few people over the years who wanted a make an offer for horse option so the ability to buy
any game horse and it was rejected i think with the manipulation of schedules that bypasses all that.

Looking at what you have found on your first run its certainly greatly fast tracks you to success TBH
none of the above sits easy with me not one bit just does not seem to be right or fiairplay if its just for your
own use then there's no issue but if you are using this to build an online team as i say i just domt feel right.

Just my opinions would be good to hear other peoples.

and to be fair you have offered to make it available to everyone so respect for that you could have said nothing
and no one would have know so respect again.

the only Schedule editor i know how to use is Marks (In Game) Would not have a clue otherwise

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Looking at it these schedules just mean you can now buy every horse in the game i guess you can make every
race a selling race and buy the winner at your will I Know Mark was against an option recommended
by quite a few people over the years who wanted a make an offer for horse option so the ability to buy
any game horse and it was rejected i think with the manipulation of schedules that bypasses all that.

Looking at what you have found on your first run its certainly greatly fast tracks you to success TBH
none of the above sits easy with me not one bit just does not seem to be right or fiairplay.

No I understand that I did think the same and have been trying to think of another way to do it. Its not a full schedule just a few meetings across the summer as the actual auction offers out complete dross most of the time, im still experimenting a little bit

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:37 pm
Group 1 winner

IiStaples wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

none of the above sits easy with me not one bit just does not seem to be right or fiairplay.

No I understand that I did think the same and have been trying to think of another way to do it. Its not a full schedule just a few meetings across the summer as the actual auction offers out complete dross most of the time, im still experimenting a little bit

I have added a bit to my original post have put it below too

and to be fair you have offered to make it available to everyone so respect for that you could have said nothing

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
IiStaples wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I have added a bit to my original post have put it below too

Yeah I don't really have time for the league myself so it's just for personal use anyway really, from a first batch of 5 selling race meetings, buying the winner of every race I got 4 what I would call quality horses. 80% were very poor standard and the rest just average

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:44 pm
Group 1 winner

We have lots of people who use amended schedules, we have tff files and multiple versions of the same horse being bred multiple times, no one really plays the game as it should be played, so cheating or just stacking the deck, that horse has long since bolted.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:25 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
We have lots of people who use amended schedules, we have tff files and multiple versions of the same horse being bred multiple times, no one really plays the game as it should be played, so cheating or just stacking the deck, that horse has long since bolted.

I use the default schedule and only use the ttf file to transfer a few horses that I think might have some jumps potential from the flat into my jumps game. I certainly don't use it to add multiple versions of the same horse back into my game for breeding purposes but I do seem to be in a very small minority of trainers who don't do this (hopefully I'm not a minority of 1). Trainers have always been looking for an edge going right back to the SO2 days and as Josh says, whether you call it cheating or stacking the deck, that horse has well and truly bolted.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 am
Group 1 winner

I play the game stock as it comes. Most I do is transfer some horses between my flat and jumps game via the transfer pool and then my lucky donkeys go into the league.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:56 am
Group 1 winner

I transfer horses from my pool of horses but I think I am different to some trainers I don't aim one stallion at lots of mares I like to breed with lots of different stallions with lots of different mares and I don't look at all stats either if the potential is good that's all I aim for. I do check when trainers say about cruising burst etc but I don't think that is important has some trainers might think variety of stallions and mares all good group horse I use even if its only got 1 group 1.

Gray

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Only transfer of horses between games but no copy of files or something like that, just to lazy for that and I like for myself to have every horse only one time.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:17 pm
Selling plater

that cruising burst :shock: been searching for ever for that high

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]