View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 How long does email support take? Have they given up? 
Selling plater

Post How long does email support take? Have they given up?
I was just wondering how long email support usually takes, is it a few days as standard (in which case annoying and seems a bit slack) or am I just being ignored?lol

I emailed on the 24th explaining my situation that I put in the unanswered thread below, it took them 3 days to reply in which they said they couldn't help but suggested I ask the forum, which I have but it seems nobody was able to offer some help, fair enough.

I said that I feel the only route if they couldn't help is that I would once again buy SO 5 (with literally my last remaining disposable income) but pointed out that although their website says its 19.99GBP, when directed to apple store its 27.99GBP. This to me is surely crazy, don't get me wrong I really enjoy the game, but 27.99 is almost double the price I paid the first time I bought it and less than the price I paid when SO6 first game out.

Ive bought SO4, SO5, SO6 and the now defunct betting iOS version (their only poor product) and I really think that replying to customers should be a little quicker, but i have been ignored.
Note - SO6 would be too powerful for my system and much prefer SO5.

Disappointed :(

sorry for the moan about the game you/we all love

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: How long does email support take? Have they given up?
I think Apple set their own pricing.
From memory, when my band put songs up on iTunes - Apple set the price and that price was different in other countries. I think we wanted to lower the price of our music here in Australia but we couldn't.

Also (I'm not making excuses here) but I suspect Mark and team are busy pushing forward with SO7 and a release date near the end of the year or early next year.
Maybe cut and paste your original question in this thread - a change of bait may catch the fish?

Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:23 am
Selling plater

Thats interesting That they may set their own price I miss the days when you can download it automatically of starters orders.com

It's also surprisingly they have set the price so high, whilst I enjoyed the game with the greatest respect it is a very old game now. Mark should ask them if they can price it at 19.99 the price on the website and the original price I paid.

My original question was simply can I get the Mac version to play on the Windows version as wine doesn't seem to work?

I'm not asking for a free key now as I know apple take a big cut, just a little help.

Yes nice to hear they're working on the so7 but so6 is too powerful for my computer as it is.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:51 am
Group 1 winner

I've never used a Mac so i'm of no use to you, sorry.
I'm not sure Mark can get them to lower the price. Apple want their cut of the pie.
I agree - it is not fair.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 am
Group 1 winner

It was announced in January that Apple were raising all App Store prices in response to the falling value of the pound after the Brexit vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ing-brexit

In saying that, it was only supposed to be a 25% increase, which would have meant a £19.99 app going up to £24.99, so I'm not sure where the extra £3 has come from, unless they increased certain types of app by a higher percentage.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:55 am
Selling plater

Bloody Brexit, just can't ignore it....

Thats a massive increase 25%, crazy price hike.

Looking at the internet it does appear whilst apple set their own price, its within a 'tier' that developers choose. So should they wish SO team could decrease the 'tier' either way, wrong choice to go with this level but its there choice. I will just wait until the next pay day I guess.

Thanks for the responses.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:36 am
Site Admin

I didn't realise SO5 was now that price. It will be reduced this week.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]