View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Pacifiers 
Selling plater

Post Pacifiers
OKay which pacifier helps with what? I have a colt that is sweating up a storm. He has awesome potential, but just won't settle. He is still placing 2 or 3, but his performance should be better.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:46 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Pacifiers
I've never really noticed a difference between pacifiers. I've even tried saving it before a race, trying a pacifier, closing without saving, re-opening and trying a different pacifier. The results never seem to differ. The only way to find out is trial and error, I suppose. He might need gelding, so check your Trainer's comments. It could also be an age thing; I've had 2yo colts not settling grow out of it into their 3yo careers.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:13 pm
Selling plater

I tried all three pacifiers and niether worked. I really didn't want to geld so I finally sent him out to pasture. I am hoping he settles down this season because potential wise he's got almost a full bar. I was hoping for way more out of this horse. I may try gelding him, but it didn't help the last one I tried gelding.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:15 pm
Handicapper

myrockincomet wrote:
I tried all three pacifiers and niether worked. I really didn't want to geld so I finally sent him out to pasture. I am hoping he settles down this season because potential wise he's got almost a full bar. I was hoping for way more out of this horse. I may try gelding him, but it didn't help the last one I tried gelding.

How old is he? It might just be something he grows out of.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Some of them are just bonkers no matter what you try. Gelding maybe the answer but if the potential is something you want to breed then I understand the reservation and it may also make no difference. Age is a consideration too as said.

Re the gelding point, try the following if you want the best of both worlds.

1- set the horse to retire to the pool.
2- save the game last day of the season.
3- cycle through to the next year he will have left your stable and be in the pool. Do not save
4- drop to windows, and ctrl, alt, delete to end the game task.
5- restart the game from the save point, you will now have a copy in the pool and a version in game, unclick the export button and geld him. You now have a risk free way to try it. When he retires, you can bring the other version back into your game to breed with.

Josh

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:17 am
Selling plater

:lol: You are so awesome I literally just asked this transfer question somewhere else and you answered before It was even asked. Thanks so much. :)

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 am
Selling plater

I didn't end up gelding him. He seemed to settle after a few races in his three year old career. He's doing much better. I may try gelding him though after transferring him just to see if he places better or not. Thanks for all the advice.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]