View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How do you conduct your breeding? 
Selling plater

Post How do you conduct your breeding?
I am curious how others choose the horses they breed with.

Do you go soley on G1 wins? or combined Group total wins? how important are Group wins compared to stats to you

Do you try to match up stat bars with 2 horses or try to mix and match? (ex being 2 horse both the same strengths or mix it up each horse strong in the others weakness)

Do you cross breed your lines, breed back off-spring to parents or full on inbreed each off-spring with each other? Do you breed your homebreds back to any gamebreds for any reason?

How do you do determine which off spring is the best of the bunch when your 2yo crop comes in?

Do you keep horses that have a max or near max potential bar but less than appealing stats in other areas like confidence or consitency?

I ask these questions more as a guidline to get a discussion going. I am curious how others handle there breeding when they move through seasons. My results so far have not been stellar. In my tests so far i've had some stallions and mares with really good potential bars but awful stats elsewhere. I have yet to see a gamebred with the battleing bar higher then 1/8th full.

I have 2 stallions and 2 mares now that each have 20 group 1 wins i am going to start breeding them but some of their stat bars like cruising burst or finish application are on the low side as well as battling ability.

I know people don't want to give away secrets or to much information due to the league but any general guidelines or advice is welcomed to get a discussion going.

Tue May 16, 2017 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Post Re: How do you conduct your breeding?
If you scroll through this forum and also look in the online league section there are loads of threads full of great info. Everyone on here is very helpful and the trainers in the league happily share the way they do things.

What it really boils down to is what your aim is. Once you start breeding your horses will quickly dominate the game whatever way you breed so you have to develop ways to keep the game interesting. If you plan entering the league then you have to put far more thought in.

"Best to the best and hope for the best" is the real life motto and is what I try to do in the game.

Can't emphasise enough how much you will gain from scrolling through the threads for a while. Also lots of screenshots so you can see how yours are matching up.

This thread is a good read .....

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16022

I have put my methods in a thread which I think is headed "How to keep the game interesting".

Don't be shy to ask more specific questions after but would strongly advise plundering the info that is already on here first. May take a while but will be worth it.

I would also advise breeding a few asap and joining the league. There is a transfer window in about 2 weeks where you can join. Will be a great learning curve and give you a real idea as to how good your horses are.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]