View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Something is missing 
Selling plater

Post Something is missing
I have been playing starters orders 6 for a while now and without doubt it is a good game but i can't help but to feel like something is missing from the game but cannot exactly pin down what,

Maybe it's the fact that we don't see the horses jog down to the start or that thier is no parade ring,

Does anyone else feel like this???

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Something is missing
Yes. It is there at first, but eventually, for me goes away. I need to care about the horses. Not all of them, just enough to feel emotionally invested in their progress. It is akin to having a sports team, but not really having any of the players spark your interest. Following it is more blah that with a superstar or someone colorful.

It hits me sometime after I get the breeding going, and the stable size filled out. You do want to improve and get your superstar. I know many posters here have, I suspect it is part of why they are here. They know another is likely in the pipeline soon. But for me, once I'm pumping out 60-70 foals a year and doing a sale pass when they hit the barn and another huge pass after a few runs. Then another cull at year end. I don't care. After I've sorted them, made the decisions on sales, and made so many race entries they all just become a big blur. I don't really care about them as horses.

Like you say, I never see them. You can read preformatted news text on their betting odds, that helps a little. But something needs to drive "why I should care" after the 5th season of 60+ foals ... so after 300 of the little guys to click through, it is mechanical not engaging.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 am
Group 3 winner

I agree Hechicera. I also want us to get that emotional bond to the horses, and the feeling that you really achieved something when you won a big race. Now it is just another race, especially when you have a lot of horses in the stable.

I am not sure how it can be implemnted though. But I have also asked for more statistics, like seeing your stables records over the years. Like most wins, most money earned, most group wins etc.

Then you can compare your horses with each other. We need to keep the interest in longevity game play. I see that when I joined the league, it gave another dimienson, but it should be possible to get alot more enjoyment out of the game without joining the League.

It is a great game, I like it a lot, but it has so much potential.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 am
Handicapper

Something I'd love is a middle-ground between having to train all the horses yourself and the horses constantly being ready to run. Either a simplified training model added, or maybe dynamic fitness/condition bars throughout the season.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]