View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 transfering horses 
Selling plater

Post Re: transfering horses
NPG319 wrote:
In documents you should have a Starters Orders6 folder.
Double click that and you will see a Saves folder.
Double click that and down the bottom or in that list you will find your ttf.dat files.

If you can't find any of them (I don't know why that would be the case) then you may have to uninstall the game - delete everything to do with it and reinstall the game and start again.
Hopefully you have kept your original email that has the game download and pin number.

No need to worry about anyone getting bored - we are a small community and we are here to help - as I have had to ask these questions in the past and now I pass on what I know and no doubt in the future you will do the same :-)

thx for helping mate . I found my saves folder wer u said it was and found the ttf.gat files but those hve Norton logos on them and wen I click on them a Norton studio thing shows up . whts tht all about?

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Kevo wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
In documents you should have a Starters Orders6 folder.
Double click that and you will see a Saves folder.
Double click that and down the bottom or in that list you will find your ttf.dat files.

If you can't find any of them (I don't know why that would be the case) then you may have to uninstall the game - delete everything to do with it and reinstall the game and start again.
Hopefully you have kept your original email that has the game download and pin number.

No need to worry about anyone getting bored - we are a small community and we are here to help - as I have had to ask these questions in the past and now I pass on what I know and no doubt in the future you will do the same :-)

thx for helping mate . I found my saves folder wer u said it was and found the ttf.gat files but those hve Norton logos on them and wen I click on them a Norton studio thing shows up . whts tht all about?

That I do not know. In general, Norton is a pretty ordinary security manager on your pc. Try uninstalling it from your pc and then check your files. Companies like Avast and AVG do free security software that are better than Norton and I have never had any problems with them. Windows 10 also has it's own built in security software.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:32 am
Selling plater

hi NPG319 just sorted tht Norton studio out uninstalled the studio now the files are normal so I can start wht u said to do in previous posts. just hope I get it right lol or ill be mithering again lol

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:43 am
Group 1 winner

Kevo wrote:
hi NPG319 just sorted tht Norton studio out uninstalled the studio now the files are normal so I can start wht u said to do in previous posts. just hope I get it right lol or ill be mithering again lol

Good news. Just make sure you have an extra copy of your old files backed up just in case - but what I have shown you I have already done a few times myself, so you should be good :)

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 am
Selling plater

NPG319 wrote:
Kevo wrote:

Good news. Just make sure you have an extra copy of your old files backed up just in case - but what I have shown you I have already done a few times myself, so you should be good :)

backed my files up . I still cant export my horses from gamepool to game cause genral import error. so might I aswell delete all in my game pool?

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 pm
Group 1 winner

OK - not sure what else to do from here except - Also transfer the hdb files (dat is the main version, bak is the backup) and the ttf.dat file.

HDB file contains the horses you exported (to trial in the CK etc) and TTF contains the horses you transferred into your game pool (the ones you can import back into your game).

So when you dropped and dragged these files into your new game - 2.sav - ext2.sav - ln2.idx - o2.idx try doing the same with your HDB and TTF files.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 am
Group 1 winner

Have you tried the following?

Save a copy of the ttf and export file if needed.
Uninstall the game
Reinstall the game and drop the files back into the save folder.

What worked for me when I had the same general import error. You can also just copy the whole starters orders6 folder from my documents do the uninstall reinstall and drop the folder back in one lump.

Norton does not like the game, from time to time you need to disable its features, installing patches for example. It seems to view the files as being dubious due to them not being widely used and common.

Josh

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:38 am
Group 3 winner

Kevo wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
Seems like you have this sorted, however as an FYI this happens sometimes for no particular reason. The solution I use is to back up the save game data, then reinstall the game before dropping the save back on top.

Good luck with the league breeding.

Josh

thx for the reply . just upgraded stables still wont transfer horses. tried saving then exporting but tht didn't work then tried just coming out of game then bk in and tried no luck
plus theres no saves folder in the game files which I assume u need to bk it up.

really annoying me now lol

Howdy

I have a question that might relate to Kevo's (and mine) issue.
When sending horses to the transfer pool is the 6 transfers per season based on the "source" game from which the horses were transfered from?
I get the "general import error" and the little msg on the top of the screen saying "transfers left this season 0".
I had been doing some transfer testing and because of that may have exceeded the 6 transfers, just a thought.

Cheers

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2