View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 transfering horses 
Selling plater

Post transfering horses
hi ive eventually got my breeding barn and plenty of money . I want to join league nxt season so want to get breeding some horses .

the only problem is im trying to transfer horses from game pool into my saved game but on a few of them its says General Import Error .

how can I fix this thx

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:04 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: transfering horses
You get 6 transfers a season.

I've had the issue you are describing. Try closing the game without saving, restart your game and then try the transfer again. If that doesn't work try saving your game and then completely close the game out. Restart the game and try your transfer again.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm
Selling plater

thx mate ill giv tht a try

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:32 pm
Group 1 winner

If you haven't already - read this post/link to get a better idea of breeding for the league. The league is a tougher beast but it's easy enough to be competitive.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16548

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:20 am
Selling plater

NPG319 wrote:
If you haven't already - read this post/link to get a better idea of breeding for the league. The league is a tougher beast but it's easy enough to be competitive.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16548

thx for the link mate

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:36 pm
Selling plater

hi im still getting the import error I cant even transfer 1 horse . this is setting me bk now anyone know how to fix it? thx

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Make sure you got enough room for horses do you have the full Stable? bought in your Stable with all the rails, buildings etc.

Gray

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

simpleminds wrote:
Make sure you got enough room for horses do you have the full Stable? bought in your Stable with all the rails, buildings etc.

Gray

thx simpleminds I know wht I need now I just totally forgot about certain buildings . thx

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Seems like you have this sorted, however as an FYI this happens sometimes for no particular reason. The solution I use is to back up the save game data, then reinstall the game before dropping the save back on top.

Good luck with the league breeding.

Josh

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:33 pm
Selling plater

Githyanki wrote:
Seems like you have this sorted, however as an FYI this happens sometimes for no particular reason. The solution I use is to back up the save game data, then reinstall the game before dropping the save back on top.

Good luck with the league breeding.

Josh

thx for the reply . just upgraded stables still wont transfer horses. tried saving then exporting but tht didn't work then tried just coming out of game then bk in and tried no luck
plus theres no saves folder in the game files which I assume u need to bk it up.

really annoying me now lol

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 am
Group 1 winner

This will help you if you need to save your files and delete then reinstall your game and to copy your saved files into your new game. This is a cut n paste from when my pc shat itself last year.

You don't need to transfer the FBR folder back into your saves folder - just the following:

If your save was in slot 2, for example, the files will be...

2.sav
ext2.sav
ln2.idx
o2.idx

replace the 2 with whatever the relevant number is for the slot it was saved in. So, for every saved game you had that you want to restore, copy the 4 files above into your saves folder.

Also transfer the hdb files (dat is the main version, bak is the backup) and the ttf.dat file. These all go in your Documents/Starters Orders 6/Saves folder.

HDB file contains the horses you exported (to trial in the CK etc) and TTF contains the horses you transferred into your game pool (the ones you can import back into your game).

Remember to keep copies of these files somewhere and, if you import any horses from your TTF into your game, replace the TTF with your copy so that your horses don't disappear from your transfer pool forever. Every time you export or transfer horses to game pool, update your copy.

Hope that makes sense.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:28 am
Selling plater

NPG319 wrote:
This will help you if you need to save your files and delete then reinstall your game and to copy your saved files into your new game. This is a cut n paste from when my pc shat itself last year.

You don't need to transfer the FBR folder back into your saves folder - just the following:

If your save was in slot 2, for example, the files will be...

2.sav
ext2.sav
ln2.idx
o2.idx

replace the 2 with whatever the relevant number is for the slot it was saved in. So, for every saved game you had that you want to restore, copy the 4 files above into your saves folder.

Also transfer the hdb files (dat is the main version, bak is the backup) and the ttf.dat file. These all go in your Documents/Starters Orders 6/Saves folder.

HDB file contains the horses you exported (to trial in the CK etc) and TTF contains the horses you transferred into your game pool (the ones you can import back into your game).

Remember to keep copies of these files somewhere and, if you import any horses from your TTF into your game, replace the TTF with your copy so that your horses don't disappear from your transfer pool forever. Every time you export or transfer horses to game pool, update your copy.

Hope that makes sense.

hi thx for the reply NPG319 im going to try all tht tonight. I found this earlier its for so5 though
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7945 is this something like wht ur describing? thx

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Kevo - No not the same. What PJ is doing there is for breeding only.

Mine is to reinstate your stable if your game or more importantly your pc crashes.

You must regularly save your game folder/files to either a cloud or external hard drive.

In my example - you save your game folder/files to an external hard drive. Then you either uninstall SO6 or if your pc crashed, wiped and windows 10 reinstalled.

So after reinstalling SO6 open up the game and start a new game in the same slot as your old game as well as downloading your saved files into your pc.
Now close the game and open the game folder of your new game and the game folder of your old game.
In my link you'll see 4 files - now drag and drop each file into the corresponding file in the new game folder.
Once done, close the folders, open SO6 go to the game slot, open that and all your horses should be there and ready to race :-)

Doug

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:28 am
Selling plater

NPG319 wrote:
Kevo - No not the same. What PJ is doing there is for breeding only.

Mine is to reinstate your stable if your game or more importantly your pc crashes.

You must regularly save your game folder/files to either a cloud or external hard drive.

In my example - you save your game folder/files to an external hard drive. Then you either uninstall SO6 or if your pc crashed, wiped and windows 10 reinstalled.

So after reinstalling SO6 open up the game and start a new game in the same slot as your old game as well as downloading your saved files into your pc.
Now close the game and open the game folder of your new game and the game folder of your old game.
In my link you'll see 4 files - now drag and drop each file into the corresponding file in the new game folder.
Once done, close the folders, open SO6 go to the game slot, open that and all your horses should be there and ready to race :-)

Doug

hi again NPG319 people must be getting bored with going on about this lol . the thing now is I cant find a saves folder anywer in game files and no tft files looked in every folder on there.

plus the horses in my game pool tht wont transfer should I just delete them now and just carry on the breeding in my game I got going now and get the horses from tht breeding and auctions ?

Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:47 am
Group 1 winner

In documents you should have a Starters Orders6 folder.
Double click that and you will see a Saves folder.
Double click that and down the bottom or in that list you will find your ttf.dat files.

If you can't find any of them (I don't know why that would be the case) then you may have to uninstall the game - delete everything to do with it and reinstall the game and start again.
Hopefully you have kept your original email that has the game download and pin number.

No need to worry about anyone getting bored - we are a small community and we are here to help - as I have had to ask these questions in the past and now I pass on what I know and no doubt in the future you will do the same :-)

Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next