View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 placement 
Selling plater

Post placement
hi all need some help (please) i have a 2yo won its madain rated (75) playing flat/jumps hes out of a 1m 2f group 1 winner good jumper race by race entry what would you do is it all about the rating before you enter it in listed company group company when do you sent it jumping just love to know other strategies

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:53 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: placement
No, a 2yo rating is entirely irrelevant, in my opinion - especially early in their racing career. I've had 2yos rated 120+ after their first run, only to not win for a few races; and horses rated in the 70s who look like superstars. Use the horse's ability profile to guide you. If you're worried or want to gradually build your horse up, enter them in a handicap over the right distance and see how they handle it. If they bolt up, you know they're ready for Listed/Group class.

Personally, I think a horse's 2yo career is entirely irrelevant in terms of what they achieve and only serves to fulfil their potential to help their 3yo and 4yo seasons. As soon as a 2yo has fulfilled his potential for that season, I put them out to grass and get them back as a 3yo.

In terms of taking them jumping, you definitely want to start them on the flat in order to fulfil their potential bars. For some reason, NHF races don't seem to have the same effect flat races do? But thereafter it's personal preference how you want to campaign them.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:23 pm
Handicapper

The next couple of races, depends. Like mentioned, you need flat races to fill out the potential bar. Trying to get it to fill seems best as I and I think other notice it is more likely to improve if it filled. I don't think the game lets you jump a 2 yr-old. If I think the horse will make a nice jumper, I do pop them in a few as soon as it becomes game eligible, which is later if you've flat raced them like you sort of need to do.

If the current potential bar is high, and the speed is 70+ already, I might be willing to move it up in class sooner. At two the bars on the left that go vertically, not the horizontal ones, will go up, sometimes quickly. But they usually start out low at the stat of that second year. If those bars are already going up, then the horse is also more likely to be ready for a jump up in class.

If the bars on the left look immature I keep the distances matching them too until they shoot up. So even if a horse is out of 9-12 furlong horses, if that left stamina bar looks maybe 10% I keep it under a mile until that bar starts to pop up (which it will).

The confidence bar on the right I also check. If it is very low, I may not move the horse up classes too fast. Then I need to fiddle with them if it causes them to make poor efforts after.

If the potential is not too full, or middling to only good on the max bar, or the bars on the left still look immature: the 75 is great! Then I try and walk it up the handicaps, and get that potential bar full, and hope it gets a nice bump on age ups. If it has a low confidence bar I do that too, unless all the other bars on the left and right and potential looks very nice.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:30 pm
Selling plater

thanks very much this is such a good game makes it even better with all willing to share information on how to improve your game.
hope to join the league soon have set up my stable well i have registered no horses yet or silks guess i have a lot more reading to do yet before i make that venture im not very computer skilled dont understand how it all works.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 am
Group 2 winner

amurphy54321 wrote:
thanks very much this is such a good game makes it even better with all willing to share information on how to improve your game.
hope to join the league soon have set up my stable well i have registered no horses yet or silks guess i have a lot more reading to do yet before i make that venture im not very computer skilled dont understand how it all works.

Go and have a look in the Online League discussion thread. There are lots of tips and guides on the best way to race and breed if you are preparing a league stable. We will also be putting an extensive guide up shortly to help first season trainers. Still three months to go until next season so breed breed breed and we will look forward to seeing you next season.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]