View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Editing Jockey Names 
Selling plater

Post Editing Jockey Names
Hello all,

Is there a way of editing the jockey names at all? I have downloaded and installed Ubar02's correct names and portraits mod. However, I have noticed there are 3 images of Tony McCoy. I have tried editing his name to AP McCoy in the jocket.dat files but this has no effect as when I enter a game it still gives his name as T Mccoy which is annoying. I just wondered if there is a way of changing it that's all.

Many thanks in advance.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:47 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Editing Jockey Names
becks1973 wrote:
Hello all,

Is there a way of editing the jockey names at all? I have downloaded and installed Ubar02's correct names and portraits mod. However, I have noticed there are 3 images of Tony McCoy. I have tried editing his name to AP McCoy in the jocket.dat files but this has no effect as when I enter a game it still gives his name as T Mccoy which is annoying. I just wondered if there is a way of changing it that's all.

Many thanks in advance.

You need to alter his Photo in your Jockey Folder in portraits A P McCoy Make sure both are spelled the same or it wont show.

Gray

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

simpleminds wrote:
becks1973 wrote:
Hello all,

Many thanks in advance.

You need to alter his Photo in your Jockey Folder in portraits A P McCoy Make sure both are spelled the same or it wont show.

Gray

Thanks Gray, I have noticed there is more than one photo of him in there. So I guess if I make sure that all photos of him are spelled correctly and its spelled the same in the jockey.dat file then all should be good. I will give it a try and let you know how I get on. Thanks for responding Gray. * Thumbs up*

Edit: Also regarding editing courses as I've seen there is a Editor within the SO6 files. If I wanted to place hedges at the fence on the back straight at Chepstow. How would I go about it. I can't remember which number fence it is but there is one fence that stands out a mile which has large privet hedges instead of sides on it. Hopefully you know which one I mean.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:53 pm
Group 1 winner

becks1973 wrote:
simpleminds wrote:
becks1973 wrote:
Hello all,

Many thanks in advance.

Gray

Thanks Gray, I have noticed there is more than one photo of him in there. So I guess if I make sure that all photos of him are spelled correctly and its spelled the same in the jockey.dat file then all should be good. I will give it a try and let you know how I get on. Thanks for responding Gray. * Thumbs up*

Edit: Also regarding editing courses as I've seen there is a Editor within the SO6 files. If I wanted to place hedges at the fence on the back straight at Chepstow. How would I go about it. I can't remember which number fence it is but there is one fence that stands out a mile which has large privet hedges instead of sides on it. Hopefully you know which one I mean.

Its the Fourth Fence of six on the far side.

Open Your Editor Then Click Load find your Chepstow Track in your 3D Folder Courses open up Chepstow and double click Chepstow.map you will find the hedges in Entities Tab and then in Billboard down towards the Bottom once your happy save it and quit then open the editor up again and load the track again and without doing anything else Click Export when it is done takes a few minutes save and quit then next time you play the hedges should be there.

Gray

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Thanks for that Gray, it means I can alter a few things myself rather than keep bothering folk like yourself to do it for me. Plus if all else fails I can simply add the original course file back in. :D

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]