View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Too many 3yo horses retired by CPU 
Selling plater

Post Too many 3yo horses retired by CPU
Hi all,

Hopefully I'm not doubling up on something that has already been raised, but this issue is driving me crazy at the end of every season, as it's severely weakening the game pool and making the game less fun.

I've noticed at the end of every season, a huge percentage of the top 3 year old horses are always retired by the game. I often close the game without saving at the end of season part, as I know the retiring horses will differ slightly every time I re-do the final day of the season, but it never makes enough difference to keep any of the really strong 3yo horses into their 4yo season and beyond.

I thought I'd provide an example as I've just finished a season. These stats don't include my own horses obviously. I will simulate 3 end of season scenarios and show the results of the 3yo retirements.

End of 2021 Season

Number of 3yo horses that have won a Group 1 race - 14
Number of Group 1 races won by these horses - 35

Scenario 1

Number of the above horses that have retired - 12
Number of the Group 1s won by the retired horses - 33

Only 2 horses, each with 1 Group 1 to their name, remain in the game in the first scenario.

Scenario 2

Number of the above horses that have retired - 11
Number of the Group 1s won by the retired horses - 32

3 horses this time, each with 1 Group 1 to their name, remain in the game in the second scenario.

Scenario 3

Again 3 horses this time, each with 1 Group 1 to their name, remain in the game in the second scenario.

As you can see, there are only a very small group of Group 1 winning 3 year olds that remain in the game every year, which is completely unrealistic and reduces the realism of the game. I understand there will be some Group 1 winning 3 year olds that won't race into their 4yo season and beyond, but I'd imagine that using the numbers above (14 Group 1 winning 3yo's), it should be between 2-5 that retire, not 10-11 as I am currently experiencing.

If anyone knows how to resolve this, I would really, really love your help!

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Too many 3yo horses retired by CPU
I think only one man can answer that mate and thats the guy that created the game
I have no idea how to help you apologies

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Interesting. Which region are you playing?
You have a keen eye!
I'm with PJ on this one - that's a question for Mark.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 pm
Group 2 winner

fullbull wrote:
Hi all,

Hopefully I'm not doubling up on something that has already been raised, but this issue is driving me crazy at the end of every season, as it's severely weakening the game pool and making the game less fun.

I've noticed at the end of every season, a huge percentage of the top 3 year old horses are always retired by the game. I often close the game without saving at the end of season part, as I know the retiring horses will differ slightly every time I re-do the final day of the season, but it never makes enough difference to keep any of the really strong 3yo horses into their 4yo season and beyond.

I thought I'd provide an example as I've just finished a season. These stats don't include my own horses obviously. I will simulate 3 end of season scenarios and show the results of the 3yo retirements.

End of 2021 Season

Number of 3yo horses that have won a Group 1 race - 14
Number of Group 1 races won by these horses - 35

Scenario 1

Number of the above horses that have retired - 12
Number of the Group 1s won by the retired horses - 33

Only 2 horses, each with 1 Group 1 to their name, remain in the game in the first scenario.

Scenario 2

3 horses this time, each with 1 Group 1 to their name, remain in the game in the second scenario.

Scenario 3

Again 3 horses this time, each with 1 Group 1 to their name, remain in the game in the second scenario.

As you can see, there are only a very small group of Group 1 winning 3 year olds that remain in the game every year, which is completely unrealistic and reduces the realism of the game. I understand there will be some Group 1 winning 3 year olds that won't race into their 4yo season and beyond, but I'd imagine that using the numbers above (14 Group 1 winning 3yo's), it should be between 2-5 that retire, not 10-11 as I am currently experiencing.

If anyone knows how to resolve this, I would really, really love your help!

It could be the schedule that you are using or the pool is way too high, it's all about the balance.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:42 pm
Group 1 winner

no, this is the case no matter what pool or schedule is used. Group One winning 3 year olds tend to retire often, leading to the majority of group one races for older horses being filled with 5,6,7 year olds that have not won any previous group one races.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:42 am
Selling plater

Tomas wrote:
It could be the schedule that you are using or the pool is way too high, it's all about the balance.

Using a modified Australian schedule, but even when I played a non-modified schedule it did the exact same thing.

Still waiting on a response from Mark too - sent support an email over 2 weeks ago and no response. Very frustrating.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 am
Group 1 winner

Mark is pretty busy with the new game and at times it does take a while to get a response.

To be honest it is not something that has caught my eye in game.
I play a stock Australian game but in saying that I usually win most G1 3yo races and the odd horse or two or three that do beat my nags usually go on to 4yo+.
I usually see one G1 3yo go into breeding after their 3yo season (as 4yo)

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:57 am
Group 1 winner

Not sure I see the issue here? In real racing it is not uncommon for horses to retire after a decent 3yo career as they are worth more/earn more in stud fees than actual racing. Frankel is what £100k a squirt and a partner virtually daily?

Also the game seems to churn out good 3yo with a high deterioration bar, know as I have brought and breed with hundreds of them, makes sense they should be all done early does it not?

Finally with SO7 underway I am not sure time is going to be spent on changing SO6 at this stage.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:41 pm
Selling plater

Githyanki wrote:
Not sure I see the issue here? In real racing it is not uncommon for horses to retire after a decent 3yo career as they are worth more/earn more in stud fees than actual racing. Frankel is what £100k a squirt and a partner virtually daily?

Also the game seems to churn out good 3yo with a high deterioration bar, know as I have brought and breed with hundreds of them, makes sense they should be all done early does it not?

Finally with SO7 underway I am not sure time is going to be spent on changing SO6 at this stage.

I will assume your response is serious, which surprises me as I think I've been pretty clear in my explanation of why what I'm experiencing is not a true reflection of reality.

Here's a comparison I've done, using the real-life Australian 2014-15 season for 2yo's and 2015-16 season for 3yo's.

The data is below, but in a nutshell:

Total Group 1 Winners - 23
Group 1s won by these horses - 26

Horses retired after 3yo Season or Moved Overseas - 9 (39%)
Group 1s won by these horses - 11 (42%)

As you can see, what happens in reality is vastly different from what is being experienced in the game. I'm not asking for no 3yo retirements, but upwards of 75% of the Group 1 winning 3yo's retiring is very unrealistic.

Horse Group 1 wins as a 2-3yo Retired after 3yo season
Pride of Dubai 2 Yes
Vancouver 1 Yes
Pasadena Girl 1 Yes
Press Statement 2 Yes
Exosphere 1 Yes
Speak Fondly 1 Yes
Stay With Me 1 Yes
Vanbrugh 1 No
Tarzino 2 No
Japonisme 1 No
Jameka 1 No
Perfect Reflection 1 No
Palentino 1 No
Le Romain 1 No
Holler 1 No
Single Gaze 1 No
Tavago 1 No
Sofia Rosa 1 Back to NZ
English 1 No
Abbey Marie 1 No
Howard Be
Thy Name 1 No
Eagle Way 1 Moved overseas
Provocative 1 No

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:13 am
Group 1 winner

Fair enough, post to the bugs section or development suggestions for SO7 is my best suggestion. Game horses don’t win G1’s very often in my games so i accept your better appreciation of the numbers.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]