View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Some Stats reducing in breeding barn 
Group 3 winner

Post Some Stats reducing in breeding barn
Howdy

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that some of the stats will reduce over the seasons for a horse in the breeding barn?
So far i've noticed Potential(the light green!), Constitution and Finish Application.

One horse has dropped overall Potential by 30%.
Granted he is a 15 year old and has been in the barn for 10 years but i thought the genetics didnt change.

Another 8 year old has dropped 20% Constitution from the previous year.

Cheers

Edit: Also just spotted a 10% increase in Jumping Ability Potential in a horse when turning 6 years old.
How long do the stats continue to change? i thought they were static after 5 years old.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Some Stats reducing in breeding barn
I have only really notice potential dropping and that is a common thing.
Although it drops, I believe it doesn't harm it's off spring - I think it only means something if the horse is still racing.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:31 pm
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
Although it drops, I believe it doesn't harm it's off spring - I think it only means something if the horse is still racing.

I disagree. I've noticed that a stallion's crop quality gradually reduces over time. I like to race my colts into their 5yo seasons, so I get two seasons out of a sire, at most, before retiring them because the quality of the offspring reduces.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:02 pm
Group 2 winner

Jango wrote:
Howdy

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that some of the stats will reduce over the seasons for a horse in the breeding barn?
So far i've noticed Potential(the light green!), Constitution and Finish Application.

One horse has dropped overall Potential by 30%.
Granted he is a 15 year old and has been in the barn for 10 years but i thought the genetics didnt change.

Another 8 year old has dropped 20% Constitution from the previous year.

Cheers

Edit: Also just spotted a 10% increase in Jumping Ability Potential in a horse when turning 6 years old.
How long do the stats continue to change? i thought they were static after 5 years old.

Every horse whether they go to the Barn or continue racing will see a drop in potential. How much depends on the horses lineage. My flat horses are only good until 5yo and my jumpers are only good until 7yo, then the potential bar starts to drop. Thereafter the potential drops about 10% per year.

Jumping potentail in my jumpers usually goes up about 10% when they 3yo, then 5yo and again at 7yo.

I usually only breed my flat horses until they are 8yo and my jumpers until 10yo. I think their breeding ability drops when they get any older, but again it depends on the lineage of the horses and the red deteriation bar.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 pm
Group 3 winner

Wannabe wrote:

Every horse whether they go to the Barn or continue racing will see a drop in potential. How much depends on the horses lineage. My flat horses are only good until 5yo and my jumpers are only good until 7yo, then the potential bar starts to drop. Thereafter the potential drops about 10% per year.

Thanks Wannabe
Just to be clear, i'm talking about max potential falling (light green). Ive seen the effect Deterioration has on the achieved Potential (dark green) after 5.
I'm also seeing drops in Speed(vertical bar) as well as other stats.

As Deguassed indicated, i'll be retiring horses out of the barn within a few seasons now.
The reason this came about was i managed to buy a freak stallion at auction very early in my game (16 x G1 wins) so i was using him to lift the bloodlines.
Eventually the new horses were looking good so i went to compare the freak to my latest top 5 year old stallion and realized the drop in the old boys stats.

Cheers

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:06 am
Group 1 winner

Degaussed wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

I disagree. I've noticed that a stallion's crop quality gradually reduces over time. I like to race my colts into their 5yo seasons, so I get two seasons out of a sire, at most, before retiring them because the quality of the offspring reduces.

From my experience I've got mares that are 20+ years old who are still producing top line horses for my game and they have no potential bar now.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
From my experience I've got mares that are 20+ years old who are still producing top line horses for my game and they have no potential bar now.

Well that makes things interesting.

Fortunately for me ive still got a long way to go before i'll have anything worthy for the league, so each new generation or so tends to be an improvement on the parents anyway.

I must say i'm glad there is no apparent "one best method" for many aspects of this game. Otherwise there would be no challenge and i'd probably not still be so addicted. :)

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:48 am
Group 1 winner

This is all somewhat subjective, my experience stats drop as they age, some get passed on as they are at the age of the horse bred and some as it was. Potential is something I have not noticed in breeding though it is visible on the horse but I also get rid of breeding horses when they are 10yo to 12yo. Constitution is definitely a stat that passes as at the age of the horse bred.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]