View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Skipping the post race replay 
Group 3 winner

Post Skipping the post race replay
Howdy

Maybe its common knowledge for everyone else but Press "ESC".
That little 4 sec post race replay can be fun to watch, but when you are running lots of races like trials it can get annoying.
I wish i'd found this out many many races ago. :roll:

Cheers

Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:35 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Skipping the post race replay
Wanna make it even faster? Hit escape to exit the racecard. At the beginning of the race left click the mouse to make the race runners scroll disappear and then hit escape once. The race will run a couple of yards and then it will exit to the result.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:16 am
Group 3 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Wanna make it even faster? Hit escape to exit the racecard. At the beginning of the race left click the mouse to make the race runners scroll disappear and then hit escape once. The race will run a couple of yards and then it will exit to the result.

Oh cool 8)
I can use that!

Cheers

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 am
Group 1 winner

Sorry to Burst your Bubble but pressing ESC during trials is like skipping races in the game you get Random Results I wouldn't trust doing that in your Final Triais.

Gray

Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I firmly believe that to be untrue gray. Trial enough races and you get a good grasp of who your competitive horses are. I skip races in game every now and then and my dominate horses usually win just like they usually win when I watch the races. I'll watch a trial every now and then - usually the first trial of a group and the result resembles what the consensus result is after running a bunch of trials using the escape button to shorten the process.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:40 pm
Group 1 winner

I just trialed a field of ten going 5fur at Ascot. Three races watched in their entirety and three races using the escape button to skip right to the result. Virtually the exact same result each time.

I did the same with a field of 40. Virtually the exact same result when watching the races in their entirety. When using the escape button to skip to the result the results were about the same but some different horses popped in the top three here and there. I did 6 races using the escape button and the last three results were the same as the results when watching the races completely.

Conclusion - there is no real difference in results if you just skip to the result. If you're like me when you trial, what you are looking for are horses who consistently hit the board in the trials.

Take it from me I know what I am doing - I've got 1 win in the league so far this season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always do my trials this way. I did a last second trial bonanza this way to scrape up a jumps team this season. I flew through the results noting mentally what horses were hitting the board. My jumps team is the best I've ever had overall in their competitiveness and they are all flat horses who have been sitting in my export pool forever.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:17 pm
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Sorry to Burst your Bubble but pressing ESC during trials is like skipping races in the game you get Random Results I wouldn't trust doing that in your Final Triais.

Gray

I tended to find the same as Gray, the ESC key threw up race winners that had never showed any kind of form before suddenly winning by 5 lengths and the more fancied horses didn't do so well. Of course, these odd results could be down to the vauguories of the race builder kit.

I don't know if it alters race outcomes, but I uee the TAB key to run races at double speed and this helps to speed up trialling.

Jim

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm
Group 1 winner

I would not recommend using the escape key when trialling, getting a pin out and picking your horses that way is likely to be as accurate, the results are nonsense. Tab is the way to go to save some time.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Fine. I guess no one reads what I write? I just showed you all there aren't wildy different results when you use the escape button to skip to the result.

Quote:
I just trialed a field of ten going 5fur at Ascot. Three races watched in their entirety and three races using the escape button to skip right to the result. Virtually the exact same result each time.

I did the same with a field of 40. Virtually the exact same result when watching the races in their entirety. When using the escape button to skip to the result the results were about the same but some different horses popped in the top three here and there. I did 6 races using the escape button and the last three results were the same as the results when watching the races completely.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm
Group 1 winner

I tested this a long long time ago, 20 races per batch, likely about the time I first joined the league. I ended with two entirely different sets of results and I have not done it since. Up to you how you trial really whatever works for you, but I see your one league win and raise you my 43 ;)

It could have changed in patches I at least concede that.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:29 pm
Group 1 winner

And I would like you to be right as it would save a bucket load of time.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Your horses are better than mine. Any style of trialing isn't going to change that outcome. I'm a manual trainer who takes a much longer time to accumulate horses in a US game that has no good cruising burst horses.

I stand by my opinion on trialing. I'm pretty sure I am right but also am prepared to eat crow.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:39 pm
Group 1 winner

I also train manually and always have, it gives advantages over auto in my view. I shall re-test this at some point. And your right about crusing burst as the US game lacks the distance and jump game horses that see to have it. Take a spin in the UK or Ireland and you will likely find some to bring back to your US game.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Group 3 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Fine. I guess no one reads what I write? I just showed you all there aren't wildy different results when you use the escape button to skip to the result.

Quote:

I'm going with SiriusChill on this one.
When i trial i usually have a field of 10 horses. I run between 6 - 10 races with that field then select the best 5 to stay and add 5 new horses and repeat.
i screenshot the results card of each race and paste them into an Excel spreadsheet (just because excel is easy for that), and rack them up next to each other and then review.
So i just repeated the process using the "ESC" method and the results were the same as letting the race run. The same 5 horses peformed the same in both methods after 40 races.

I suspect ppl get put off with the variability that the racing engine throws up, which is more evident the closer matched your group of horses are.
I have read alot of opinions here that the CK is screwy or bugged, personally i dont think there is anything at all wrong with CK.
As far as i can determine the CK uses the same code as the game for races. Its the "variables" that Mark has coded in that give unexpected results, variables like dwelt, short of room, horses mood, pace of race, position in field, pacemaker present, ect ect ect...
To a resonable degree i can explain why the horse that won the previous race finished last in the next. Run a race enough times and the cream will always come to the top.

I also only race/train my horses in game as 2yo's, after that i leave them alone as racing or not racing a 3yo makes no difference to their stats progression.

Cheers

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:23 pm
Group 1 winner

So I have tested this with some of my jump trials and whilst there is some consistently in the results I still do not trust them, especially as the number of fallers reduces significantly when doing an escape key result, in a pool of 22, on average 6-8 fall when chasing letting the result run, escape key finishes average 2-4. This from 20 races on two different ground conditions. Hurdles and flat would be less of a concern in this respect and I may use this to weed out the chaff, but I think i’ll stick with the tab key for my final trials.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]