View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Green Bars Suddenly Dropped 
Group 2 winner

Post Green Bars Suddenly Dropped
I bred a horse with these bars. Thought I was onto something really good.

Look at his criusing burst bar. Now look at his cruising bar when I imported him into a new game.

I have never seen this before.

The same thing has happened for every horse I bred at the same time.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:42 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Green Bars Suddenly Dropped
I was doing some stats charting the other day and re-imported a horse because i hadnt recorded some of its stats. It showed his CB had dropped by about 4% at the same age as the orig, but when i repeated the exercise it was fine.
Perhaps try restarting and repeating?

Nice looking horse btw :)

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:55 pm
Group 2 winner

Jango wrote:
I was doing some stats charting the other day and re-imported a horse because i hadnt recorded some of its stats. It showed his CB had dropped by about 4% at the same age as the orig, but when i repeated the exercise it was fine.
Perhaps try restarting and repeating?

Nice looking horse btw :)

I had already tried shutting down SO6, I even re-started the computer with still the same result. I started another new game with the same result. When I import him back into the original saved game he was exported from, his bars are fine.

I loaded in the original gamebred horse the cruising burst came from and his bars had dropped as well, so I started checking\importing more horses from totally different breeding lines and their bars had also dropped.

I will try re-installing SO6 to see if that makes a difference. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 am
Group 1 winner

Never seen this, but not sure I pay enough attention to bars to be 100% sure, sucks too as the original was a nice looking flat horse, better than anything I have bred on paper.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am
Handicapper

When a horse ages up, the game seems to roll a chance, higher I think based on the deterioration potential and the age of the horse, to decay bars for CB, Speed, and Constitution. I've had horses that have decayed more or less on the same year if I aged up more than once.

I noticed not with exports, but when I was having issues with year-end breeding shed arrivals being corrupted. So I kept saves around the year-end for a while. Since I would often go back to a save before year-end trying to work around breeding shed corruption, I had plenty of chances to see the same adults in my barn redo the same age-ups. I was tracking speed in a speadsheet so I saw the deterioration varied by comparing it against the number in my sheet, and the general trend that horses with a high det. were more likely to have it drop, and drop more, on age up. You could get lucky though sometimes on the chance and have 5-6 yr old, high Deterioration bar horse not drop. So if you got lucky on some other horses, you may not have noticed without tracking it in a spread sheet for many horses repeating the same age up. Now maybe that is how it is supposed to work, and it sort of makes sense, or maybe it is a bug.

When you export and re-import horses, they get aged up a year. So the drop happening fits with my observations of age up data inside the games. And it not happening at all, or as severely on different tries, also fits.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:02 pm
Group 2 winner

Hechicera wrote:
When a horse ages up, the game seems to roll a chance, higher I think based on the deterioration potential and the age of the horse, to decay bars for CB, Speed, and Constitution. I've had horses that have decayed more or less on the same year if I aged up more than once.

I noticed not with exports, but when I was having issues with year-end breeding shed arrivals being corrupted. So I kept saves around the year-end for a while. Since I would often go back to a save before year-end trying to work around breeding shed corruption, I had plenty of chances to see the same adults in my barn redo the same age-ups. I was tracking speed in a speadsheet so I saw the deterioration varied by comparing it against the number in my sheet, and the general trend that horses with a high det. were more likely to have it drop, and drop more, on age up. You could get lucky though sometimes on the chance and have 5-6 yr old, high Deterioration bar horse not drop. So if you got lucky on some other horses, you may not have noticed without tracking it in a spread sheet for many horses repeating the same age up. Now maybe that is how it is supposed to work, and it sort of makes sense, or maybe it is a bug.

When you export and re-import horses, they get aged up a year. So the drop happening fits with my observations of age up data inside the games. And it not happening at all, or as severely on different tries, also fits.

Ageing is not the problem in this case as the horse with the best bars is a 5yo and the horse I imported with the lesser bars was a 3yo.

I agree horses bars do deteriate with age, but this exactly the opposite. A horses cruising burst peaks at 3yo, so the 3yo copy of the horse I imported should be the better horse.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 pm
Group 3 winner

Wannabe wrote:
When I import him back into the original saved game he was exported from, his bars are fine.

I loaded in the original gamebred horse the cruising burst came from and his bars had dropped as well, so I started checking\importing more horses from totally different breeding lines and their bars had also dropped.

I will try re-installing SO6 to see if that makes a difference. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

The "When I import him back into the original saved game he was exported from, his bars are fine." is the issue.
That would suggest its the save you are importing them into and not anything in the TTF.

Are you importing all these horses into the same save, or does it happen when importing them into other saves?
Maybe that particular save is corrupt. :?

Edit:
Wannabe wrote:
I started another new game with the same result..

Never mind, i just saw you tried that.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:56 pm
Group 2 winner

The problem seems to be totally random. I started a new US game and the bars were back to normal. Tried another UK game and everything is back to normal again.

I tried starting 10 new games and 7 out of 10 were OK.

It is not SO6 because I have re-installed it twice.

The only other thing it could be is the saves folder. Before this happened, I accidentally deleted the saves folder but since I had a backup of my saved games, I just copied the folder back again.

I have sent a copy of the saves folder to technical support for them to have a look at it but they have not gotten back to me.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 am
Group 1 winner

How strange.
Many little bugs in this game.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:38 pm
Group 2 winner

I am starting to get really annoyed with this game just now.

This is the normal potential of my 3yo flat horses.

This is the potential of my current 3yo flat horses since this bug hit me.

I have re-installed SO6 twice. I had made a backup of my entire hard drive at the beginning of December, so I replaced my existing hard drive with the backup, but still nothing seems to work.

The problem is so random. Before this if I bred two horses with 97% potential they produced horses with 97% potential. Now the potential varies from 90% to 97%.

Before this, I would probably find 2 out of 5 horses I bred were worth while exporting to the CK. Now it is about 1 horse in 20. Lucky enough, the odd horse is still OK, it is just taking me 8 times as long to breed a decent horse.

Please bring out SO7 soon.

Jim

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm
Group 1 winner

must admit have not come across this that must be driving you crazy
its like a stable virus how bizarre I hope i dont get it if i did id prob
give up until so7 id end up throwing the laptop out the window

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
I am starting to get really annoyed with this game just now.

This is the normal potential of my 3yo flat horses.

This is the potential of my current 3yo flat horses since this bug hit me.

I have re-installed SO6 twice. I had made a backup of my entire hard drive at the beginning of December, so I replaced my existing hard drive with the backup, but still nothing seems to work.

The problem is so random. Before this if I bred two horses with 97% potential they produced horses with 97% potential. Now the potential varies from 90% to 97%.

Before this, I would probably find 2 out of 5 horses I bred were worth while exporting to the CK. Now it is about 1 horse in 20. Lucky enough, the odd horse is still OK, it is just taking me 8 times as long to breed a decent horse.

Please bring out SO7 soon.

Jim

Funny u should say about ability going down but I think its always been there because when my horses improved to a certain level their potential would go down and u would have to work it back in, it was a real pain but one thing I've noticed of late is that the jump bars go up and down, sometimes a horse will have one and put it in another game and it will disappear . I'm glad I've retired from breeding in this game .

I wonder what the next game will be like because its going to be a bit random, I wonder what effect that will have. :shock: :shock:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm
Handicapper

Wannabe wrote:
I bred a horse with these bars. Thought I was onto something really good.

Look at his criusing burst bar. Now look at his cruising bar when I imported him into a new game.

I have never seen this before.

The same thing has happened for every horse I bred at the same time.

Looks as though you are looking at stats very closely or keeping track of stats now to notice this :)

You're the only other person who has noticed this.
I posted this in Aug 2017 on one of the the threads...

Quote:
There was a stealth nerf to stats on version 1.081+. Cruising burst was going down as my horses get older. And it's possible that this latest version 1.083, Mark added randomness to the horse's potential stat when breeding.

When I found out about the Cruising burst nerf at patch 1.081, I re-installed version 1.079.

So this version cruising burst does not degrade

I haven't played much at all but if this still bothers you then I suggest reinstalling 1.079. That might solve the problem.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 am
Group 1 winner

The last update for SO6 caused some minor changes for the stock game - random smaller fields in overseas G1s and turf on dirt tracks with dirt/dust still being kicked up.
Not surprising if it did interfere with custom games.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:44 am
Group 1 winner

One gets the feeling that Mark had got as far as he could, tweaking and updating SO6.
Not surprising he has rebuilt the whole game from scratch.
I am looking forward to SO7.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next