View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Horse Statistics: FITT vs. COND 
Selling plater

Post Horse Statistics: FITT vs. COND
Let's start with an easy one...
I don't believe we've thoroughly explained the difference between these two performance metrics: FITT and COND.
Thanks

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Horse Statistics: FITT vs. COND
From the instructions found in your SO6 folder....

Quote:
Trainers data
Details only available to the horse’s current trainer that provides information on the horse fitness and general wellbeing. These parameters are displayed as graphic ‘bars’, the higher the red bar the better! This panel is displayed in the top-left of the screen.

FITTNESS The horse’s current fitness level.
SPEED The horses basic speed. A higher speed means the horse is likely to be suited by sprint distances.
STAM The horses STAMINA levels. A higher Stamina rating means the horse may prefer Staying trips.
ACCEL Acceleration. The rate a horse can accelerate can be vital, especially in slow run races.
COND Condition. In this game Condition refers to how 'fresh' and 'willing' the horse is. As time goes by with more race the horse may need a break.

You want the fitness bar at or near the top on race day. If not, there's a good chance your horse will pull up. The condition bar has two bars - green and red. Get the green near the top for an optimum performance. Breakdowns or pull ups aren't determined by this bar - only the fittness bar does that. The red bar shows your horses overall constitution for the year. Race many times during the year and it will drop.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 pm
Selling plater

Sirius,
Thank you for clarifying COND green vs red in clear game terms.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:57 pm
Group 1 winner

I failed to mention that the red constitution bar when it starts dropping from over racing your head lad will tell you you are over racing your horse and also the horse will have a hard time getting the fittness bar back up to racing shape. Actually most times when the red bar starts to drop big time your horse has had it for the year. I'm speaking from a manual trainers point of view.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:32 pm
Selling plater

After a couple more days of gameplay, I've seen that the bars definitely respond as you have described. Thanks again!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 pm
Selling plater

SiriusChill

It is obvious you appreciate attention to detail. Let's proceed.
You wrote "The red bar shows your horses overall constitution for the year". Absolutely true - when I over-raced my horses (in my MANUAL training game) the RED COND bar was less than 33%. I promptly Sent them OUT TO GRASS to avoid an embolism :) My under-raced horses were always over 80%.

That said, this did not hold true my second game, a game where the horses are AUTO trained by the CPU.
In this game the RED COND bar was always full (even 1 day post race), and my 6 horses were raced as follows: 9,5,7,9,4,and 11 times. No variation in the bar. Not a hair.
A coincidence, or is AUTO training somehow more forgiving (with respect to horse constitution) to trainers who foolishly over-race their horses.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 pm
Group 1 winner

In auto train you need to keep an eye on the green bar next to the red bar.
Some horses bounce back fast after a race but most don't.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:08 pm
Selling plater

Yes NPG, I always keep an eye on the Green Bar. And we agree on its importance.
Any thoughts on the red COND bar. That is the one that seems to far more sensitive (i.e. decreases faster after a heavy schedule of races) in MANUAL training mode, while it appears to be resistant to rapid decrease in AUTO train mode.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:17 am
Group 1 winner

Auto training is for the weak. Real trainers get in the stalls and do the dirty work.

No offense to the autos, I have always preferred manual training. I have never once auto trained.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]