View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Need some tips! 
Selling plater

Post Need some tips!
Newbie again!

Any tips on recognizing horses with high potential that don’t have huge price tags? I’m attempting to do a play through where I don’t sell all my horses given to me at the beginning and immediately buy a breeding barn, so I’m vuyung cheap horses and trying to turn a profit.

Also - any insight into what the letters in black boxes mean on the entry forms next to the horses name? Thanks!

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:32 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Need some tips!
Buying a good horse at the auctions is a real lottery.
One method i used was to look for 2yo whos "Average Best Distance" was high but was still managing to win the 6f/1200mtr maidens.
Actually look for any age horses that are winning well outside their average best distance.
But that doesn't guarantee it will be a great horse.

The letters in the black boxes mean it has won at the "C" course, "D" distance, "G" going.

Good luck :wink:

Edit: Oh and this is the best guide ive managed to find....
http://www.startersorders.com/assets/SO6Instructions.pdf

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:34 am
Group 1 winner

You could start a new game and look at the 5yo you are given for a high potential. A lot of times the 5yo will have a high potential and you can with the right spot grab a Group placing somewhere along the line. A group placed horse will sell for a lot at auction especially if it is group 1 placed.

Keep starting new games until you are given a high potential horse to work with. You'll get one eventually.

Another method for spotting a good horse at the auctions - Look for a 3yo 1m4f and up horse with just one career start that is at a sprint distance. These horses will usually have a very low rating. You can then work the horse up the handicap ratings running at the right distances.

Also look for winners of selling races at auction who win their race handily,readily, easily etc. Check the time of the race to see if it under the standard time.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:52 am
Selling plater

Thanks! Do you have a resource for the standard times at different distances??

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:39 pm
Group 3 winner

minimed wrote:
Thanks! Do you have a resource for the standard times at different distances??

The "Courses" button at the top of the screen will give you standard times by course.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]