View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Need some quick help from modding experts! 
Handicapper

Post Need some quick help from modding experts!
Hi guys. I now fully understand pretty much everything in the files, aside from what the numbers and letters represent in the data courses file (as shown below). I feel like I need to understand exactly what all of this means before moving on with my own modding. Thanks in advance.

https://ibb.co/d8NRcn

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Need some quick help from modding experts!
nathd88 wrote:
Hi guys. I now fully understand pretty much everything in the files, aside from what the numbers and letters represent in the data courses file (as shown below). I feel like I need to understand exactly what all of this means before moving on with my own modding. Thanks in advance.

https://ibb.co/d8NRcn

Brighton ------------------ Racecourse
DistLimit:12 ---------------Distance limit at track 1m 4F Cant have any races further than that
LL280 -------------------- Left hand Track although its not a round Track it has Left bends the important Number is 0 it means no Straight track or Chute if it was 8 it would mean a Straight 1 mile
U,0,S -------------------- This I believe is not important since we now have 3D Courses ( Not Sure)
1771,208 ----------------- The location on the world map you need this to add your Course and place it properly on the world Map ( check gfx and the world Folder and open world_4096.png with paint and where you put the pointer you will get the location Number Bottom left.

Gray

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

A guide made by Panther many moons ago...

Quote:
The first line of data is to do with draw effect and straight course, and only applies to flat courses (jumps courses will always just be RN000 or LN000).

The first letter denotes right or left-handed course, and will obviously only ever be L or R.
The second letter denotes whether a high draw or low draw is favoured, or whether there is no draw effect. This will always be H, L or N (for no draw advantage).
The first digit denotes the significance of the draw effect, and can range from 0 (when there is no draw advantage) to 9, which is the highest possible draw advantage.
The second digit denotes the maximum race distance to which the draw advantage has effect. Again, a 0 here means no draw advantage, while a 6 would mean that the draw advantage has effect in races up to 6 furlongs, and so on. Only one digit can be used, so for courses where the draw advantage has effect over distances longer that 9 furlongs, letters are used, so 10 furlongs would be A, up to 20 furlongs, which would be K.
The third digit denotes the maximum race distance which can be run on a straight course. If no races can be run on the straight (such as at Chester) this is shown as a 0, while, for example, if there is a straight mile course, this would be an 8.

The second line of data is to do with course characteristics.

The first letter (or series of letters) refers to how flat (or not) the course is, and the following abbreviations are used:
F = Flat
G = Galloping
S = Stiff
U = Undulating
MU = Minor Undulations
Combinations of these can also be used, so sometimes you might see GS or GMU, for example.

The number after this refers to the total length of the course. However, some courses show as 0, and I'm not sure why! It usually denotes the total length of a course where there is no loop, such as at Epsom or Newmarket, or the total length of one circuit on all other courses.

The final letter(s) (and occasionally numbers) denote the following (for flat courses):
S = Sharp (when accompanied by a number, for example 4, this means the final 4 furlongs are sharp)
T = Testing (when accompanied by a number, for example 4, this means the final 4 furlongs are uphill and testing)
V = Very Sharp (same as above applies)
X = Very Testing (same as above applies)
A = Downhill & Sharp (can only be accompanied by a number, for example 4, meaning the final 4 furlongs are downhill and sharp)
B = Downhill & Very Sharp (same as above applies)
Please note, for courses where none of the above is relevant, this part is just left blank. For jumps courses, the same codes tend to apply, however an S by itself tends to denote stiff fences, while N,S seems to denote sharp. Not sure why this is.

There is also an optional line of data that can now be entered, before the first line detailed above. It enables you to set a maximum distance that can be run at any flat course where it's not possible to run 2m4f. So, Epsom, for example, has an extra line Limit:12 added, meaning the maximum distance that can be run at that course is 12 furlongs.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:03 pm
Handicapper

Many thanks guys. I do hope the next game will be more mod friendly. modding is more fun than playing, but it could be simpler for sure lol. I probably have at least a few hundred hours of modding and still haven't gotten the game to where i'd like it to be lol

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]