View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Gelding operations 
Selling plater

Post Gelding operations
I have a 6 time wining group one colt at the start of his four year old season and wanting to run it but not geld it. Would breeding from it pass on the fact that its offspring need to be gelded. Should I consider buying into new line? Personally finding this very common is it the horses? Its the same with a my best miler its sire had no problem in term of gelding.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Gelding operations
Personally - I don't geld. Breed him with good mares and hope one or two of his off spring come good.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:14 pm
Selling plater

would you still run them- find i annoying have five or six for the classics but they need gelding- doesn't make a difference which stallion

Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:34 pm
Group 1 winner

alf wrote:
would you still run them- find i annoying have five or six for the classics but they need gelding- doesn't make a difference which stallion

I just ignore that message and I still race them. If their breeding bars are good then I breed with them.
In real life, gelding is a last resort to make money from a horse. Since we don't have to worry about money in the game I don't see the need to geld a colt or stallion. I'd rather pass on it's breeding bars.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:48 am
Group 2 winner

I am like Doug, I never geld my flat horses. I have never seen any significant difference between gelded and non-gelded horses on the flat.

If you manage to breed a triple crown winning horse, you don't want it to be a gelding, you want it to be a stallion so you can breed with it.

There is a way to use the ttf file system to have two versions of the same horse in the game. You could have one to race and one to breed with.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 am
Handicapper

Me too, no gelding!

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 am
Handicapper

I'd sooner sell the horse than geld it!

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]