View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Something Strange in my Breeding 
Group 2 winner

Post Something Strange in my Breeding
A couple of things to set the scene.

I usually only keep horses in the breeding barn until they are 10yo and they are gradually replaced each season by their offspring.

I have seen the average breeding distance change before but never like what is described below.

I started a new game and imported a 5yo version of my best Grand National stallion and a 4yo and 5yo version of my best Grand National mare who has already won twice in the league over 4 miles this season. Their average breeding distances was all 3 miles.

For the the first 4 seasons of breeding they produced horses with 100% absolute potential and an average breeding distance of 3 miles. (5yo - 8yo)

The next 3 seasons of breeding they produced horses with 98% absolute potential and an average breeding distance of 3m 4f. (9yo - 11yo)

The next 2 seasons of breeding they produced horses with 96% absolute potential and an average breeding distance of 4 miles. (12yo - 13yo)

Like I said, I never keep horses in the barn until they are 13yo so maybe this is a regular occurance but I have never seen this. Potential went down but distance went up.

All the foals that maxed out their absolute and realised potential were exported to the CK as 8yo, (11 horses in total). I have only trialled these horses over the Grand National course but the best two horses were the two 4 mile 96% horses I exported. They easily beat their sire and were just slightly better than their damme.

I should also mention that each exported horse had dropped about 10% of their realised potential by the time the were 8yo.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]