View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Breeding Spreadsheets (Tracking) 
Selling plater

Post Breeding Spreadsheets (Tracking)
Hi,

I've just bought the game and now totally addicted!

I saw a thread a few years ago (with broken links) with some cool spreadsheet templates to track the horses in your breeding operation. Does anyone have good spreadsheets they use? Any with the ability to auto predict foals for mix/matching your own horses would be really cool.

Thanks

Saintly96

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:09 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Breeding Spreadsheets (Tracking)
Howdy

I saw these spreadsheets you mention a while back and to be honest i think they are a waste of time.

A general rule for most stats is that they will result in a random % between the parents stats on most attributes.
For example the extra speed attribute, if one parent has 80% and the other 90% you will get a result somewhere between those two amounts.
NO spreadsheet can predict the exact amount.

So what i do is record "every" attribute available in my spreadsheet then use a data filter to select my breeding pairs.
Concentrate on the key attributes, Potential, Cruising Burst, Extra Speed, Speed and Finish.
Even if you just record those in a spreadsheet you should improve quickly.

There are some good threads in this forum on the approach to breeding, i recommend reading those.

There are many variables involved in the results of breeding as well.
Some attributes are passed on better from the Mare than the Stallion and visa versa.
Some attributes will always return a result between the parents range, others like potential can sometimes will not reach the range of the parents.

General advice:
During breeding try to not let your attribute % get watered down.
For example if you have a Stallion that has a high "Extra Speed" and you breed with a Mare that has a high "Cruising Burst" but a lower "Extra Speed" try to keep breeding until you get a foal that has the same high extra speed as the stallion and also a higher Cruising Burst than the stallion had.
Stallions with good stats are the key to breeding as you can pair them multiple Mares in one season.

Cheers

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:17 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Breeding Spreadsheets (Tracking)
Thanks mate. Good advice.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]