View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ok... even I impressed myself with this one 
Selling plater

Post Ok... even I impressed myself with this one
Started a new game with the intent on only breeding on the lead type horses. a year or two in, a horse named "Strength And Stay" entered my game and absolutely blew my transferred horses away (i only used them to race for quick funds and not to breed, as they were all closers). Anyways, I got lazy with my breeding and only realized this horse was in stud late in the season. So I threw a couple mares at him. And boy did those results pay off. This is a horse I named "Stay A While" and she destroyed the competition at every turn! Granted, yeah she's a filly and got a weight break, which I've found matters in the american game, but still impressive. ... This was done with only one game restart, which happened after a couple of races where I knew she'd never win the belmont. Tell me what you guys think, are these times any good? Really is funny how one horse can re-energize a game for you.

This screenshot was taken early on in her 4YO season. And yes... I named my stables an LLC (dont judge me!).

https://postimg.cc/ppyDcVfp

Also, can some one tell me what the blue arrows mean next to a couple races in her form card?

Edit: Link

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:01 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Ok... even I impressed myself with this one
Ok looking horse, the potential is a foundation you can work from and is usually all needed for the game races. Lots of improvement potential in the rest of the bars with selective breeding.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:06 pm
Selling plater

Yeah, like I said, I got lazy with breeding and didn’t notice the stallion until I had sent most of my classier mares to a horse that “struggled turning left handed” but still won G1s at age 4 and 5, including the BCC. And of course, 75% of his offspring also struggle with turning left handed, but have tremendous potential otherwise. So it’s either sell them off, or run at Ascot or Sha Tin until they mature a bit. What’s strange about these “can’t handle turns” horses is that they are not affected their 2YO year, then severely hampered 3YO year and then start to handld it better as they get older. Not sure how difficult it is to flush this trait out, or if it’s even worth the time.

The mare I for this one in particular wasn’t great. Picked her up at action, best figure was maybe a 98? I agree with you though, I should be able to build a solid foundation with this one with selective breeding. There is a game horse in the breeding pool that I’m considering sending her too, but I have so much fun winning with her, it’s a tough decision (as tough as decisions in this game can get, that is to say, not that tough).

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:52 pm
Group 3 winner

bluechip21 wrote:

Also, can some one tell me what the blue arrows mean next to a couple races in her form card?

Edit: Link

It reflects the temperament of the horse on that race day.

http://www.startersorders.com/assets/SO6Instructions.pdf

From the link above...
"On the day of racing the horses current mental state is indicated on the RACECARD
screen by a small rectangular icon displayed before the horses name. No icon
indicates the horse appears normal. Blue indicates the horse appears relaxed, pink
indicates the horse appears on edge, red indicates the horse appears to be very excited
or ‘boiled over’. This icon should be considered in the context on the horses
temperament/disposition and past form as some horses are prone to get over exited
and the horses unusual state may not unduly affect the horses form."

"Stay A While" has excellent "speed", thats what is making this a good horse.
I would look at the Stallion to see if his speed was as good or better and if he has any other stats better than "Stay A While" has.
If he does i'd be breeding them together to try and improve your other stats.

Cheers

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]