View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 SO7 Breeding frustrations 
Handicapper

Post Re: SO7 Breeding frustrations
I'm glad I saw this! Now I know not to get too invested in the breeding side of the game until it's been fixed.

On a vaguely related note, seeing those screenshots made me realise how much I appreciated the mod that added gradations to the stat bars so you could read them more precisely. If that's not added to the official game I think I'll make a mod for this because I know I really relied on it.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:50 am
Group 1 winner

I think sire stats are a great idea!

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 am
Handicapper

atiggerx33 wrote:
In terms with having stallions who don't produce good offspring or super-sires, I think we need (if we don't already I'm installing now) sire stats if some are gonna be duds. It doesn't even have to be bars, just official sire stats would be fine like IRL (% winners, % blacktype winners, % graded winners, % G1 winners, etc.). I don't wanna have to look up a list of every foal from every sire to see which is a good sire; if you're gonna implement sire stats (some being exceptional sires, some being total duds) please give us something to see at a glance if they're even worth looking into further.

And so since breeding was such a huge part of SO6 should I just skip on playing for now? I don't mind waiting, I could work on making a schedule in the meantime.

I agree, sire stats would be a great addition. Having to do that by hand (if you wanted to) would be an enormous waste of time when the game could easily do it for us.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:54 am
Group 3 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
In terms with having stallions who don't produce good offspring or super-sires, I think we need (if we don't already I'm installing now) sire stats if some are gonna be duds. It doesn't even have to be bars, just official sire stats would be fine like IRL (% winners, % blacktype winners, % graded winners, % G1 winners, etc.). I don't wanna have to look up a list of every foal from every sire to see which is a good sire; if you're gonna implement sire stats (some being exceptional sires, some being total duds) please give us something to see at a glance if they're even worth looking into further.

And so since breeding was such a huge part of SO6 should I just skip on playing for now? I don't mind waiting, I could work on making a schedule in the meantime.
. There is sire stats on it, not sure how in depth they are but they look ok to me when testing, not played the game yet ( just getting my game setup to how I want it) but they are there.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 am
Group 1 winner

yep there is a leading sires table

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

The green 'F' on the side of some horses (and mares) In the breeding section of the game. What it means?

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:10 pm
Handicapper

guibreda wrote:
The green 'F' on the side of some horses (and mares) In the breeding section of the game. What it means?

I think it means they are more fertile.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 pm
Selling plater

I wish I had seen this thread before spending a few hours wondering why all my yearlings had tiny potential bars.

Can I also ask:- If I start a new game before breeding gets fixed, will I have to start a new save when the patch get released? Or will breeding in my save game get fixed automatically?

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:06 am
Selling plater

Sabella wrote:
On a vaguely related note, seeing those screenshots made me realise how much I appreciated the mod that added gradations to the stat bars so you could read them more precisely. If that's not added to the official game I think I'll make a mod for this because I know I really relied on it.

I've just used the mod from the previous games and added it to so7

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Wellington2018 wrote:
Can I also ask:- If I start a new game before breeding gets fixed, will I have to start a new save when the patch get released? Or will breeding in my save game get fixed automatically?

As the game is in early beta stage, I wouldn't get too involved with any saves that you start. There will likely be dozens more patches before the game gets its official release, and I'm sure some of them will require a restart to take full effect. At this stage it's all about testing the game, reporting bugs and suggesting improvements.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:50 pm
Handicapper

Albertina Trka wrote:
Sabella wrote:

I've just used the mod from the previous games and added it to so7

Oh great! Thanks for letting me know, I'll do the same :)

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:40 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
In terms with having stallions who don't produce good offspring or super-sires, I think we need (if we don't already I'm installing now) sire stats if some are gonna be duds.

When you are viewing Stallions (from either of the breeding tabs) there is a button to switch between the Stallions data in isolation and the Sires offspring stats which should help.

On the realism point the crash reports have dried up now (thankfully). I'm sure there will be the odd one but it does mean I will probably look at this at some point next week (the potential of offspring).

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:53 pm
Selling plater

In my current game I have 14 mares, all above g3, a handful of g1s. I bred each to a different stallion 2 years now, and was in the process of purchasing a new 2 yo to see if the low bars was just bc they were 2? Also, every 2 year old I have that is bred for 1.5 + furlongs is obviously losing all it's races, but also saying that they didn't stay this race, even at 5f.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2