View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
Had to do a total restart as my old saves would not work after recent patches and
virtually after one season get a full bar 3YO i transferred in the dam

audi 0 60 times

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

A Serious Yearling

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

They look like nice starts paul :)

Quote:
I've only taken my time ( I just plan to play one game) and whatever comes out of it for the league then so be it, I want to have some fun with this game unlike last where it was just playing for the league but if AI works like it should then yes their horses should also improve as we go along. My way of thinking Josh is to let go of some of the horses so they get mixed with the computer so to give it a helping hand at the start .. I've started a mini barn for the computer , I've got one sire in my barn just to breed for computer horses and I plan to call his offspring with the first letter Y so I can follow all his offspring to see if the AI works properly and I hope so because u will get more fun out of the game. I'll get back to u lot to see if that's how it works out. I've had my second computer mare to my horse :D :D

Actually so far its been easier to find mares in the sales than colts

Long way from thinking about any SO7 league, though I am thinking about breeding G1 monsters and the path is largely the same, it would be interesting to see if your own selective breeding can bring up the level of the whole game pool of horses, that would be good. Still do not need to lock up game mares to do it mind.

Josh

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:48 am
Group 1 winner

firstly these are not criticisms just what i have noticed so far I think the game has taken a
step forward especially with breeding etc

but I'm dreading even thinking about the league these bars look nice but not one of them are
raceable look how much light green there is I have not even produced a raceable homebred horse
yet since the last few patches and with the new breeding system its 1 step forward 3 steps back its
so so hard and to get an even half competitive team will take an age let alone one for each code.

So you find a full bar 3YO so far i have got no where near finding another even using this horse as the
sire your also running against the clock as once your mares and sire die they are gone from the game for
good so you need to keep trying to fight to produce new horses that are as good to keep your breeding
barn running you can easily end up back at the start and i have come close to that a few times.

It's a learning curve for all of us on the looks of it SO7 has gone from one extreme to another compared
to SO6 Its like the new systems are blocking you from being successful.

I Dont even yet have a single horse in the gamepool what worries me is when it comes to trialing is that once
you have taken a long time get numbers in the pool to trial and find out what works the dam and sire will be long
dead.

it will be very interesting to see what everyone else makes of it what is good is i very much doubt anyone will ever
master this game let alone mast every race distance.

I really enjoy how in depth the game at the moment i feel like a bloke looking up at mount Everest thinking I have
to climb that gulp. I guess its just the case that everything is very different and is alien to us a bit of a culture shock
but will be sticking with it.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Paul everyone keeps saying they want real life courses- schedules and we now have real life breeding, when the stallion-mare is gone they are gone for good just like real life. Just because u put the best stallion with the best mare it doesn't always get u the best horse even in real life. I love it, it's more fun and more of a challenge without it being stupid hard. U got to breed smarter with this game.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:06 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Paul everyone keeps saying they want real life courses- schedules and we now have real life breeding, when the stallion-mare is gone they are gone for good just like real life. Just because u put the best stallion with the best mare it doesn't always get u the best horse even in real life. I love it, it's more fun and more of a challenge without it being stupid hard. U got to breed smarter with this game.

I'm all for that John as i stated my posts were just observations not intended to be seen as critical comments

I guess at the moment im finding it stupid hard even to get a homebred horse to the track and find the game very daunting
it certainly more times than not with the breeding side has you scratching your head its easy to get a horse to the
track ones you buy in the auctions and have had success in game. The breeding side seems a complete lottery to
me so far and thats what people wanted but as i stated before its stupid early in the game to make solid claims one
way or another about the game.

as with everything time will tell all but please dont think im bashing the game far from it

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Only over the weekend I got all my US mods to work and I've played a bit and I picked out this stallion I wanted to use and with a very limited breeding i've got two 2yos by him who both won G2 and will be interesting to see how they do as 3yo, not got great bars but are competitive in game.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:59 am
Group 1 winner

Less worried about breeding and teams for any league that may happen as we are all in the same boat. My single biggest game disappointment is that the 2yo auctions are more of the same random pot luck and load of money for utterly rubbish horses......

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:54 pm
Group 3 winner

The difference is before u go to bid u can see if either parent won a group race and u can see what the parents and all the other family did on track.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Indeed and they come with £1m price tags and still have 5% potential :)

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Had rather hoped that would be improved, and provide a method to get something half decent. Weekly and breeders remain a safer option

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:53 pm
Group 3 winner

That's the computer way of saying bleep off u not having my best 2yo :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:23 pm
Selling plater

My main gripe at the moment is bred horses not filling out their stamania potential. Have a nice miler who won the Cheveley at 2 and you’d hope would progress to run the 1000 Guineas at 3. During her 3yr old season she won the Nunthorpe but could only manage 5th in best 6f race and 7f was to far.

This for me is the only major gripe left as it makes it pointless breeding at the moment unless it’s for speed.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Has anyone had a breed where the offspring is better than the parents? All mine are worse, typically by a large margin. Be nice to know the random element is truely random.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Has anyone had a breed where the offspring is better than the parents? All mine are worse, typically by a large margin. Be nice to know the random element is truely random.

Yes I have had this. Breeding is much harder though but as a result more of a challenge and more enjoyable.

On auctions I go on what the parents have done and not the price. The price is a useless yardstick. Normally get good enough horses from auctions, This could probably be sorted by basing the price on something like the sire and dams offsprings prize money and not on a random value like it seems at present

My only gripe so far is that hold up horses are at a big disadvantage but I'm sure this will be sorted out. So as a result I'm not sure if the couple of multiple group 1 winners I have are just good because they front runners. Their bars indicate they are

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next