View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Selling plater

Post Re: Breeding diary
I can't even breed a horse as good as the parents. I have found plenty horses like the one below at auction.

I have on average about 10 mares in the barn at a time who are like the above horse (all bought at auction) and about another 10 who look like the horse below.

The best horses I have produced yet look like this

My biggest concern is that the dark green potential bar never catches up to the light green bar.

The gamebreds that are racing in the big races must have the same problem with the potential bar because although there seems to be plenty gamebreds with a high light green bar, the dark green bar is never very good in the ones I have bought at auction.

I only ever manage to have 3 or 4 horses (like the one above) at a time in the racing part of the game and on average they have all won at least 7 x G1 races by the time I retire them as 5yo.

I have played 10 seasons so far and bred about 200 foals, about 50\50 with my own gamebreds and the AI's gamebreds and have only bred about 12 horses that were worthwhile keeping to race.

Also, I know the bars on the above horse are not great but I have retired a few multiple G1 winners to stud and not a single one has been choosen to breed with a gamebred mare. Probably because the AI can see the potential bar and decides it is not good enough.

leonvr wrote:

My only gripe so far is that hold up horses are at a big disadvantage but I'm sure this will be sorted out. So as a result I'm not sure if the couple of multiple group 1 winners I have are just good because they front runners. Their bars indicate they are

I have only managed to breed hold-up horses so far and the ones I race win a lot of races. The one thing I do is give them a "challenge earlier" tactic and this seems to work most of the time.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Maybe things are different in SO7 but in SO6 when i saw a horse with over 50% light green potential
i got rid of them straight away as they would never fill out the dark green section I have noticed in SO7
that the light green is a real issue and alot or even most of the horses I have worked with have little or no
chance of reaching full dark green.

Also it amazes me that a horse can win the nunthorpe at 3 and suddenly at 4 his stamina jumps to 10 -12
furlongs in some cases I had a horse win the Nunthorpe and Judddmonte International within 12 months
which does not really happen in real life in SO7 the stamina burst seems to come all at once and seems to be
far more extreme in SO7.

Again these are not criticisms just observations as I'm leaning as I go

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Echo the potential point, not seen a single horse fill out yet.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:23 am
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Maybe things are different in SO7 but in SO6 when i saw a horse with over 50% light green potential
i got rid of them straight away as they would never fill out the dark green section I have noticed in SO7
that the light green is a real issue and alot or even most of the horses I have worked with have little or no

Also it amazes me that a horse can win the nunthorpe at 3 and suddenly at 4 his stamina jumps to 10 -12
furlongs in some cases I had a horse win the Nunthorpe and Judddmonte International within 12 months
which does not really happen in real life in SO7 the stamina burst seems to come all at once and seems to be
far more extreme in SO7.

. One word Adjal :lol: he ran in the derby and then won the July cup :D i've found a gamebred that has full potential at 4 and full green bar but i've bred to him 20 times yesterday and he never got close to giving it back to his siblings, one of them was almost on 0 potential, it's real funny this game :lol:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:15 am
Handicapper

Didn't buy SO7 till now, but everything I read sounds really nice in terms of difficulty!

When everything would be like in SO6 no one would play any further, these changes were really needed to make the game more fun outside the league.

Have a nice Xmas everyone!

Holger

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:30 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

far more extreme in SO7.

. One word Adjal :lol: he ran in the derby and then won the July cup :D i've found a gamebred that has full potential at 4 and full green bar but i've bred to him 20 times yesterday and he never got close to giving it back to his siblings, one of them was almost on 0 potential, it's real funny this game :lol:

This is exactly what i was talking about yesterday mate ya can really mess with your mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
Didn't buy SO7 till now, but everything I read sounds really nice in terms of difficulty!

When everything would be like in SO6 no one would play any further, these changes were really needed to make the game more fun outside the league.

Have a nice Xmas everyone!

Holger

Merry Christmas and see u for another league season in Jan-Feb whenever it starts.

Last edited by ghosty on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 am
Group 3 winner

Paul I thing it needs tweaking slightly, I think it needs about a 10 percent tweak so it's still hard. I want my game hard so I can still play it in a year or two but if I can't make my horses better then I won't be able to improve the computers. It's still a great game though, the mods are doing my head in because everytime I patch the game it seems to mess with my mods. :cry: The age these horses improve is very odd, my 4yo horse that got full at the start of its 4 yo season started to drop of a cliff half way through that season, it must have lost 20 percent of its bar by the end of its season. That never happened before.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:11 am
Group 1 winner

Ghosty you don’t need to improve the computers horses, every horse on the game is bred from two other horses in the game, whether you breed them or the computer does, the computer doesn’t need you to improve horses

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 am
Group 1 winner

Have had about enough of SO7 right now the breeding is just a time sink, start with a 100% and 90% potential pair get a 10% foal. Pointless.

Back to Red Dead Redemption, least that beta is playable.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:50 am
Group 1 winner

I have filled out the light green bar on a few. Also starting to get nice foals now with potential bars better than parents so things are getting better. There are still loads of duds but that's more realistic

The stamina hops are strange won the oaks and next season stamina went to full and won the gold cup. My sprinters seems to stay sprinters though

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:57 am
Group 3 winner

qwsa wrote:
Ghosty you don’t need to improve the computers horses, every horse on the game is bred from two other horses in the game, whether you breed them or the computer does, the computer doesn’t need you to improve horses

How many times do I have to tell u, if u breed some great horses with great bars and u sell them and they go on to be great horses and they end up at stud then they will pass on their ability to the computer horses, look at the horses in So6 and the computer would only make them as good and i'd say around 50 percent ability. They could never get passed a certain ability but becuase the computer can use u horses that will get to around 90 percent that will improve their horses and if the AI is not capable of picking that up then the game will have a short life span. I don't think u have a clue how to breed horses in this game so please tell me how u breed horses, prove me wrong because I think u don't know.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:16 pm
Group 3 winner

The worst thing is josh u'll send a mare to a computer stallion and even after u see their babies the first year u'll have no idea how good that stallion is because of the randomness of the breeding.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
The worst thing is josh u'll send a mare to a computer stallion and even after u see their babies the first year u'll have no idea how good that stallion is because of the randomness of the breeding.

yep

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Tam King wrote:

My biggest concern is that the dark green potential bar never catches up to the light green bar.

Agreed. I can only seem to get it to fill if it's within about 20 points when they hit 2yo. It seems to raise about 2.5-5 points per 2yo race up to 4/5 races and then nothing extra for me. In previous versions for me it could go up a large amount on the first one or two runs and not 5 points max. Though at the time the horses were reported as running green....something i'm yet to see in so7 for any of my horses.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next