View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
Just another reason why this version is either broken or a backward step. No fun breeding 50 rubbish horses for auction every year, I could live with as good as the worst parent but no have to be much much worse.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:09 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
qwsa wrote:
Ghosty you don’t need to improve the computers horses, every horse on the game is bred from two other horses in the game, whether you breed them or the computer does, the computer doesn’t need you to improve horses

How many times do I have to tell u, if u breed some great horses with great bars and u sell them and they go on to be great horses and they end up at stud then they will pass on their ability to the computer horses, look at the horses in So6 and the computer would only make them as good and i'd say around 50 percent ability. They could never get passed a certain ability but becuase the computer can use u horses that will get to around 90 percent that will improve their horses and if the AI is not capable of picking that up then the game will have a short life span. I don't think u have a clue how to breed horses in this game so please tell me how u breed horses, prove me wrong because I think u don't know.

You're missing one very large point, this is not so6, in so6 no computer horses were bred, they were not bred from computer horses, simply generated by the game, and so the abilities of computer horses remained about the same on average however long you played for, and only you, the player could breed, so you could breed better horses than were generated from the game, because your horses were the only horses in the game that were bred from other game horses, and usually the best. So7 has a completely different breeding system, every horse is bred from horses in the game, meaning that you are not the only breeding horses and so your horses shouldnt be better than any other horses in the game, on average, because if you can breed a super horse from game horses, then the computer can too without needing your horses that are bred. Because your horses that you've bred are not exclusive, every horse in the game is bred, i have to keep repeating that part.
Of course if you have a great stallion, like a galileo, then he may be able to breed horses of better average ability, and so computer horses will too be able to breed good horses by sending their mares to this stallion, but its not a case of improving them, they will have their own stallions too.
This is why Mark said the breeding side of the game will increase difficulty, its not because its more difficult to breed good horses (even if that seems to be the case at the moment, i dont think this was necessarily intended) its because the AI will breed horses too, making them on an even par with you.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:15 pm
Selling plater

Githyanki wrote:
Just another reason why this version is either broken or a backward step. No fun breeding 50 rubbish horses for auction every year, I could live with as good as the worst parent but no have to be much much worse.

I have been keeping some statistics on my breeding with my own horses. I kept these statistics for the last 5 seasons and I have only bred with my own horses as I know what their potential is. The stallions all have 90-95% potential and the mares vary from 75-95% potential.

Roughly 50% of the horses I breed have about 25 - 35% potential as yearlings.

Roughly 40% of the horses I breed fall somewhere between 35% and 70% potential as yearlings.

These all go straight to auction and on the plus side, they are all by G1 winners and you get a decent amont of money for them.

The next lot of horses, roughly 8%, are only mares in the 75 - 95% and they go to the breeding barn as 3yo.

The last 2% are only stallions in the 90 - 95% and must have won at least one G1 race and go to the barn at the end of their 5yo career.

Because I only send about 10% of all horses I breed to the barn it is hard to build and maintain a decent amount of horses in the barn. I only keep horses in the barn until they are 15yo. I am 18 years into the game and have only 34 mares and 6 stallions in the barn.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Qwsa u play the game u want and i'll play the game I want and in a years time we'll find out whos right.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm not sure how you can think I'm wrong

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Language please Josh

Must admit that finding something as good as the parents is hard but finding something as good and is at least
half ready to race is near impossible so far finding something better :lol: :lol: might be easier winning the lotto
tomorrow night. It's certainly not much fun but one heck of a challenge

I can see it taking me until 2025 to have enough horses to trail at each distance :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

this is my main issue right now 95% of horses homebred look like this

I have raced a few of them and they barely get past halfway and thats after
about 20 or 30 runs and of course being like this they are not too good on the
track

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Trouble is Paul not everyone will stick with it, don’t mind a bit of work and a challenge is fine but after 10 breeding seasons now using three full potential colts and fillies from 50 to full potential I have not bred a single horse with more than 60% and I have yet to keep and race a single one, as handicaps do nothing for me. I do have about 80m in the bank though which is also stupid, and can buy and sell just about every unraced horse at auction.

It’s a grind and not an enjoyable one, as for a league, right now a donkey derby is more likely, cannot see how I will get one horse let alone a team of 50.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Trouble is Paul not everyone will stick with it, don’t mind a bit of work and a challenge is fine but after 10 breeding seasons now using three full potential colts and fillies from 50 to full potential I have not bred a single horse with more than 60% and I have yet to keep and race a single one, as handicaps do nothing for me. I do have about 80m in the bank though which is also stupid, and can buy and sell just about every unraced horse at auction.

It’s a grind and not an enjoyable one, as for a league, right now a donkey derby is more likely, cannot see how I will get one horse let alone a team of 50.

Also think its going to be impossible for casual players to make any impact in the league look at the
time we are putting in and we are hitting brick walls imagine you play a season every week or 2 and
in that time what those players will produce.

its 20 times more intense a grind then what so6 was maybe more

but this is what the majority seemed to want

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
I'm not sure how you can think I'm wrong

For the 100 time I think u wrong its that simple :roll: :roll:

Which part of that statement don't u get :lol: :lol: U keep talking but nothing is coming out :lol: :lol:

For the 101 time I don't care what u think .

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Paul - Josh I think I've breed my first decent home breed :D :D

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:12 pm
Group 1 winner

I've finally done it , a full green bar at 4 :D :D

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Agreed Paul, without a huge slice of luck it will tough going for anyone not devoting hours and hours every day. And your lightyears ahead of me with those John, I am simply not getting enough reward to keep my interest right now.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Agreed Paul, without a huge slice of luck it will tough going for anyone not devoting hours and hours every day. And your lightyears ahead of me with those John, I am simply not getting enough reward to keep my interest right now.

Josh these are only second generation horses . Starting is always the hardest , it will be interesting to see if I can keep improving them or will I hit a brick wall. Now that I got a full bar horse i'll try to do what I said I would do and improve the computer horses , for me this is about experimenting because we'll start all over again when it comes out of Beta.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 pm
Group 1 winner

thats a good point John best not to take things too seriously yet bound to be more clean restarts before
out of beta

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next