View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
I have a pool of 9 or 10 full bar 3yo's not one of them was exportable due to a ton of light green
I Cant guess at the amount of hours i have put into the game now the thing is you never feel on top
of things because your always experimenting with gamebred sires for new blood to keep your pool
alive and your right Josh there is very little fun in it looking through all the yearlings you produce
every year in the hope you find the one thats as good as you have

:lol: :lol: so far I have not even produced an unbeaten horse

qwsa you have never played the league its the ultimate challenge and there is no point exporting horses
into your CK unless they of 100 percent potential and filled dark green as Josh says you want completely
different things from the game and i respect and understand that but for league players were at the bottom
looking up at mount Everest the fact i have been playing SO7 heavily for a month now and have not even got
to export one horse has to be a concern for all league players.

I will see how the next few weeks will go

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I have a pool of 9 or 10 full bar 3yo's not one of them was exportable due to a ton of light green
I Cant guess at the amount of hours i have put into the game now the thing is you never feel on top
of things because your always experimenting with gamebred sires for new blood to keep your pool
alive and your right Josh there is very little fun in it looking through all the yearlings you produce
every year in the hope you find the one thats as good as you have

:lol: :lol: so far I have not even produced an unbeaten horse

qwsa you have never played the league its the ultimate challenge and there is no point exporting horses
into your CK unless they of 100 percent potential and filled dark green as Josh says you want completely
different things from the game and i respect and understand that but for league players were at the bottom
looking up at mount Everest the fact i have been playing SO7 heavily for a month now and have not even got
to export one horse has to be a concern for all league players.

I will see how the next few weeks will go

Do you think this will encourage new players for the league as they could hit a lucky horse and be able to compete. To be competitive in S06 u had to put hundreds of hours into the breeding side at the expense of actually playing the game. I used to start and then never bother to see it through.

I know its no good to the players happy to put hours and hours into their breeding but maybe has tried to level the playing field a little? Just a thought

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:41 pm
Group 1 winner

League players in this thread have likely already thrown hundreds of hours at it and not had such luck, not really expecting someone else to strike gold with say only a few hours play. Though the theory is sound, I remain unconvinced about the practice.

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:24 pm
Handicapper

Githyanki wrote:
League players in this thread have likely already thrown hundreds of hours at it and not had such luck, not really expecting someone else to strike gold with say only a few hours play. Though the theory is sound, I remain unconvinced about the practice.

I agree with that but the way its being described it offers hope and maybe there is hope for the minnows :lol:

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:06 pm
Group 1 winner

There maybe hope, paper thin though, but follow some basic methods in SO6 and I could pretty much guarantee it. So7 your basing it entirely on luck, SO6 is just the application of a tried and tested breeding system, and one that is readily available on the forums. Success simply demands a little effort and some common sense, and yes the usage of the tff files. I’d take that over luck and flaw.

I honestly believe from what I have seen so far SO7 will be harder not easier for the casual player to make a dent in any league. But that’s just my humble view.

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:36 pm
Selling plater

Githyanki wrote:
There maybe hope, paper thin though, but follow some basic methods in SO6 and I could pretty much guarantee it. So7 your basing it entirely on luck, SO6 is just the application of a tried and tested breeding system, and one that is readily available on the forums. Success simply demands a little effort and some common sense, and yes the usage of the tff files. I’d take that over luck and flaw.

I honestly believe from what I have seen so far SO7 will be harder not easier for the casual player to make a dent in any league. But that’s just my humble view.

Completely agree, I bred using ttf files and the like on SO6 and never got close to being league standard, in SO7, I only see the gulf being widened, if you have more time to spend on the game, you have more chance of finding a good horse, you will need incredible luck to find anything that can start your lines even restarting hundreds of new games

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:43 pm
Selling plater

Do we know if Mark is looking at this issue as a problem? It's pretty gamebreaking to be honest. Tried putting the hours in but not even remotely close to finding a half decent horse and due to this I'm another who has gone back to SO6

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 pm
Group 1 winner

First exportable horse - won 2000 Guineas Irish Guineas St James Palace Stakes

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I do not disagree with you at all, your view is no more or less as valid as mine, we’re just playing the game for different things. You want one horse like frankel every 20 seasons or so, you want reaslism and a slow grind for success. I want to breed 30 Frankels every season, win every g1 every season, win champion trainer both codes etc effectively I want to beat the game and then try to breed perfection, ultimately for the assumption there will be a league. Pve bores me quickly, frankly so7 is already pretty dull for me, only pvp provides a real and long term challenge in my eyes. We’re probably at the absolute end extremes of what we want from a game.

And whilst your level playing field is sort of right, it is not entirely so, as the game as I have experienced it so far requires a huge amount of time to get decent horses, some league players will have that, but they are the few. And that’s not to say that so6 did not require time, as it did, but with tff files and knowing your bred horses will take directly from the parents with little degredation means the top tier hit a wall and the rest can catch up without too much work. We had a new trainer go straight to the top last season.

My gut tells me the so7 league gulf between top and bottom tiers will feel like climbing k2 with string and a few paper clips for anyone who is a casual or semi casual player.
I agree with u josh the difference between the players who put the hours in to the casual players could be even bigger, there was a way to breed on SO6 but it's throw mud against the wall on this game and see what sticks.

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:22 am
Selling plater

@pjrhodes1970

could you be so kind to make your schedule file of S07 available? the international schedule...

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:44 pm
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
I do not disagree with you at all, your view is no more or less as valid as mine, we’re just playing the game for different things. You want one horse like frankel every 20 seasons or so, you want reaslism and a slow grind for success. I want to breed 30 Frankels every season, win every g1 every season, win champion trainer both codes etc effectively I want to beat the game and then try to breed perfection, ultimately for the assumption there will be a league. Pve bores me quickly, frankly so7 is already pretty dull for me, only pvp provides a real and long term challenge in my eyes. We’re probably at the absolute end extremes of what we want from a game.

And whilst your level playing field is sort of right, it is not entirely so, as the game as I have experienced it so far requires a huge amount of time to get decent horses, some league players will have that, but they are the few. And that’s not to say that so6 did not require time, as it did, but with tff files and knowing your bred horses will take directly from the parents with little degredation means the top tier hit a wall and the rest can catch up without too much work. We had a new trainer go straight to the top last season.

My gut tells me the so7 league gulf between top and bottom tiers will feel like climbing k2 with string and a few paper clips for anyone who is a casual or semi casual player.
I agree with u josh the difference between the players who put the hours in to the casual players could be even bigger, there was a way to breed on SO6 but it's throw mud against the wall on this game and see what sticks.

I agree.
The only way to make the League more competitive is to make it easier NOT harder to breed monsters.
I am one of the trainers that have the time and do not mind the grind.
This "luck" factor in breeding a great horse will favor those that spend the most time breeding.

Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:55 pm
Handicapper

Jango wrote:
ghosty wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

I agree.
The only way to make the League more competitive is to make it easier NOT harder to breed monsters.
This "luck" factor in breeding a great horse will favor those that spend the most time breeding.

I dont think thats a bad thing.

The way I see it is if you put the hours in and end up with a great horse then fair play. But just because you have that super horse, his offspring shouldnt automatically be as good or improve through breeding.

So your super horse can go into the league, but somebody else could also come across a horse that could challenge it. As all game horses are bred from game horses this should in theory be possible. I am not saying that they should never improve but I found SO6 to get boring quickly once you had your bloodlines set

If like SO6, u can automatically breed to continually improve the horses then the people with the most time will automatically dominate with full stables of monsters which we have seen in the past. This looks like it will be much harder to do. Mark might change it back to the way it was by the time v1.00 is out but who knows?

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:24 pm
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:

I agree.

bazdev wrote:
I dont think thats a bad thing.

The way I see it is if you put the hours in and end up with a great horse then fair play. But just because you have that super horse, his offspring shouldnt automatically be as good or improve through breeding.

So your super horse can go into the league, but somebody else could also come across a horse that could challenge it. As all game horses are bred from game horses this should in theory be possible. I am not saying that they should never improve but I found SO6 to get boring quickly once you had your bloodlines set

If like SO6, u can automatically breed to continually improve the horses then the people with the most time will automatically dominate with full stables of monsters which we have seen in the past. This looks like it will be much harder to do. Mark might change it back to the way it was by the time v1.00 is out but who knows?

Yes well it will be interesting to see how S07 evolves.
Breeding in S06 already has a random element to it.
For example i have breed my 2 best performing horses together from last season and did not produced anything great.
As Mark has mentioned, there are hundreds of unseen attributes that make up the overall ability of a horse.
How all these attributes interact is anyone's guess.
I enjoy applying a strategic breeding system with tons of spreadsheets and grinding out gradual improvements.
If S07 involves a "roll of the dice" approach to improving i wont be taking part.

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

What I think a league right now would create is single horse distance dominance, in so6 you have 6 or 7 trainers whose horses are very similar and thus some great races where anyone of them could win. This random luck breeding will likely mean whoever finds gold, will remain golden for the whole league, then will come tiny fields as people duck the monsters.

I am also one who with this mode of breeding is unlikely to take part, in fact it is almost a certainty right now as I hate playing the game itself.

Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:04 pm
Group 2 winner

I am getting disallusioned with the breeding side of the game as well. I spent hours upon hours starting new games and visiting every auction and eventually found a 100% potential horse. He only bred one x 100% stallion in 11 years of breeding with 95% mares before he left the game, The one stallion has also left the game and never produced a single 100% horse. I have no incination to spend dozens of hours to find a good horse again, only for it to be a failure.

I have about 25 x 95% mares and 5 similiar stallion left in the barn. It wouldn't be so bad if they produced some horses that fulfilled their potential, I could still enjoy tha racing side of the game and win a few races, but I have only had 2 horses in the last 5 seasons whose light green bar matched the dark green bar.

If and when the breeding side of the game is tweaked, I will return to SO7. I had my fill of SO6 about 6 months ago so it will be back to football manager for me.

Last edited by Wannabe on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 29  Next