View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
Taunton wrote:
Can you store horses in a ttf file and transfer them between games or is that a thing of the past?

You can but only once

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I've just decided to come and try the game out again a few patches down the line and was just wondering what everyone's ideas were when it comes to breeding and choosing your stock now.

These are the sires that are currently available and I've bought a few 70-75% potential mares from auctions to breed with, my instincts would tell me to breed with Profits Reality as he has a high % of stakes winners but is that the best stat to go by?

Am I better off just restarting games until I get a monster gamebred stallion and breeding him to everything I can get my hands on?

Thanks for any help

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:00 pm
Group 3 winner

Well ive finally bit the bullet and started playing SO7.

One of the first things i think i noticed was that "extra speed" appeared to increase with age.
This may have been mentioned before, has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:37 am
Group 1 winner

Mitch wrote:
I've just decided to come and try the game out again a few patches down the line and was just wondering what everyone's ideas were when it comes to breeding and choosing your stock now.

These are the sires that are currently available and I've bought a few 70-75% potential mares from auctions to breed with, my instincts would tell me to breed with Profits Reality as he has a high % of stakes winners but is that the best stat to go by?

Am I better off just restarting games until I get a monster gamebred stallion and breeding him to everything I can get my hands on?

Thanks for any help

In all honesty I would advise going on the hunt for a top base sire I'm not sure you
will find him at the start of a new game I'd go to every auction and keep going until
you find him.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

After making my schedule and waiting for the game to be fixed I finally got around to starting it up again. Making loads of cash very fast betting on my starter horse set me up nicely. I dumped the starter horse and went to the auction. The first auction I went to I found this one. There seems to be an inordinate amount of 1m5f and higher horses with a strange ability to run well in 2yo sprints. (US game). This one is a 1m7f who won its first start as a 2yo going 6 furlongs. I grabbed him and to my surprise his stats are very nice.

Now I need to stock up on breeding mares because he is being retired at the end of his 4yo season.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 am
Group 3 winner

Sirus I think it's good they have longer horses in this game because u can breed all horses without having to go to another country, If u love following all the horses then it's a great game. In 5 months i've only gone through 30 seasons. Wow that the best gamebred horse i've seen in the US game.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:27 am
Selling plater

Quote:
In all honesty I would advise going on the hunt for a top base sire I'm not sure you
will find him at the start of a new game I'd go to every auction and keep going until
you find him.

Thanks, I'm giving that a go now, been a slog so far, hope it pays off!

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:27 pm
Group 1 winner

:lol: 6 million a pop not even i can afford that

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I will try to post an image tomorrow because there is a horse in my game charging £20 million a go!
Nice work if you can get it :D .

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:23 am
Group 2 winner

Can anyone win a 2yo group race. I have plenty of horses that totally bomb at 2yo but are almost unbeatable at 3yo.

The horse below is typical of what I mean. Finished near the back of the field in 3 x 2yo group races but went on to win the Guineas and Derby as a 3yo.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:27 pm
Selling plater

Wannabe wrote:
Can anyone win a 2yo group race. I have plenty of horses that totally bomb at 2yo but are almost unbeatable at 3yo.

The horse below is typical of what I mean. Finished near the back of the field in 3 x 2yo group races but went on to win the Guineas and Derby as a 3yo

I've found mine are the complete opposite, can go and win 2yo races but don't go on, maybe it's down to schedule and where the best horses are going?

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:59 pm
Handicapper

Maturity seems to factor strongly. And while the stats are hidden, the seem to be inheritable. Look at the Legend edit tool to see them.

Had some lines/horses that produce foals that win good races at 2 then can't win at three. Others that peak at three. Some that can't win at 2 or 3 but win amazingly at 4, linked a game mare that was that way. Others are more consistent.

You want a group winner at age 2, look at sires/dams that have also won at 2.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Hechicera wrote:
Maturity seems to factor strongly. And while the stats are hidden, the seem to be inheritable. Look at the Legend edit tool to see them.

Had some lines/horses that produce foals that win good races at 2 then can't win at three. Others that peak at three. Some that can't win at 2 or 3 but win amazingly at 4, linked a game mare that was that way. Others are more consistent.

You want a group winner at age 2, look at sires/dams that have also won at 2.

I have bought 2yo group winners at auction and most have about 50% potential and the rest of the bars are poor. I have tried breeding with these horses with no great success.

I agree that it must be some hidden stat that isn't transferring.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:00 pm
Handicapper

For some reason I find that its easier to win a 2yo Novice race than it is to win a 2yo Maiden.. If I give my 2yos 3 runs at novice level, then i can usually see which will go on to win a 2yo Group race and then at 3 they can keep winning G1s.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:14 am
Group 3 winner

Wannabe wrote:

The horse below is typical of what I mean. Finished near the back of the field in 3 x 2yo group races but went on to win the Guineas and Derby as a 3yo.

IMO your CB is too high.
I have a hypothesis that too much of CB, and possibly a couple of other stats dont make for a good 2yo.
When i first started in the League my stats were poor, 50% CB at best.
Since then i have maxed out the stats and none of my new 2yo's get near my old ones in performance.
Ghosty has indicated that what makes a great 2yo and what makes a great 3yo are completely different.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next