View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Extra Money 
Group 1 winner

Post Extra Money
I know from past experiences that in Starters Orders games you can do a money cheat by pressing ctrl/alt/delete then closing the game down via task manager, then going back into the game after jotting down the race winners and voila loadsamoney. But, in this game sometimes the results don't go according to plan, are they another way to get extra money? Thanks.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:07 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Extra Money
I found money easy in this game as per the others, get a starting horse ideally two good enough to win, run it badly for a bit then line up a handicap and bet the farm. I got a few million on two maybe three bets. Then it is just breeding and auctions, a filly brought for say £1000, mated with a g1 winning stud for say £100k likely gives a rubbish foal, they are all rubbish, that auctions for a million. Rinse and repeat.

Don’t sell the yearlings wait until they are 2yo and sell unraced.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:18 am
Group 1 winner

never sell yearlings can get 10 x more when they are 2 as long as unraced

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

OK cheers, guys. Not been on here for ages but back now.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:52 pm
Selling plater

Easiest way I find, if you’ve got a horse rated about 80/90c find a claiming race over its favourite distance with only 5 or 6 runners, come race day your horse will be long odds on and the rest of the field will normally be 66/1, bet every horse except your own in reverse forecasts, then take the reins of your own horse and just hold it up so it comes last, the forecast for max stake (£2000 RFC) ends up paying over £6 million in total.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:59 am
Group 1 winner

chambers2289 wrote:
Easiest way I find, if you’ve got a horse rated about 80/90c find a claiming race over its favourite distance with only 5 or 6 runners, come race day your horse will be long odds on and the rest of the field will normally be 66/1, bet every horse except your own in reverse forecasts, then take the reins of your own horse and just hold it up so it comes last, the forecast for max stake (£2000 RFC) ends up paying over £6 million in total.

Cheers will give it a try :D

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:48 pm
Handicapper

I find the close and bet still works. Two caveats:

- you need to find a horse with a win dominating enough to still win despite the randomness, oddly that is often in maidens, a 3f+ win is usually good
- in beta, I find wonkiness with using the hotkey "s" saving feature, have had reloads bug for both betting and UI after, so use save to menu if you plan on force closing, and I have had some bugginess after force closes too

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:12 pm
Selling plater

why would you all want to cheat to get money ?????? thought the whole idea is to race horses to win. etc

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 am
Group 1 winner

TruckerPaul wrote:
why would you all want to cheat to get money ?????? thought the whole idea is to race horses to win. etc

I agree. My suspicion is that people who play in the online SO leagues use this as a shortcut to breeding and producing some top horses as quickly as possible, but I may be wrong :wink:

I enjoy the experience of the in-game simulation, so I’m happy with a small stable, making progress gradually and watching the game world develop around me, so making money quickly isn’t really an issue for my style of game play.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:53 pm
Group 3 winner

GS63 wrote:
I agree. My suspicion is that people who play in the online SO leagues use this as a shortcut to breeding and producing some top horses as quickly as possible, but I may be wrong :wink:

If you are referring to League players taking shortcuts to raise money then you are wrong.
Most League player use the game pool and transfers to develop top horses.

Its quite simple really.
1. Start a game, sell all the horses. That should raise enough to set up a breeding barn.
2. Then import some horses you have from the game pool and start breeding.

If you have no horses in the game pool then keep starting lots of new games until you find some half decent horses and export them to the game pool.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:09 pm
Handicapper

TruckerPaul wrote:

I don't play in league, so I'll take this question too, and explain why I just did. In order:
    * In my US game I was using it to shortcut breeding yes, to check out the new features. That's when I ran into some hot save funkiness.
    * With 1 years worth of form I still am bad at betting, up from terrible.
    * So in my UK/Combo schedule test game I went for 10 years of form. This did make me better at betting.
    * It also made my starter horses age 12, 13 and 14. These guys were neither racing to win, nor selling for a barn. One did beat one horse once in a NH flat race! Another was just in the money in a minor chase cup, but only because he was the last, and very distant, horse that did not fall in a small field. ;) I think I pushed the race to win as far a possible with those nags.
    * Even when not testing, I only use xfers for horses that don't fit. "Better on Dirt" sprint speedballs in my jumps, lower speed, stamina horses with a 80% jump bar at birth in my US flat game, etc..., so I do need cash to buy stock to start breeding.
    * Sometimes you want to keep a starting horse, since it is either good or nostalgia, or a personal "set your own difficulty bar".
    * If you keep any starter horses you then need to go the sales claiming route to build up prior to breeding, which I am fine with, but also is risky if low on cash.
    * Selling all your starter horses ASAP and breeding crap sales horses, without racing at all for three years or so, is counter intuitive and often just not that fun (personally speaking only, of course) but effective.
    * Bet fudging works in non-league as personal difficulty slider bar.
    * Loans have interest, fudged bets don't. ;)

tl;dr
Right now many are testing, and want money to see features fast. Once the newness and the patches settle down, some of us will play without fudging bets. I usually fudge only when a stable is "in trouble" at the start, since as I mentioned, I am bad at betting. But with 10 years form and lineages, hmmm maybe not as needed in SO7. It is simply one personal difficulty slider I can set in my mind. I Usually run one stable with no fudging and racing and keeping at least one starter. But for now, I have yet to run any barn a full race year, and I still want to test breeding while in beta. So fudge, fudge it is.

One line tl;dr
The base game seems balanced assuming you will bet successfully enough to supplement your income when cold starting a new barn.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 pm
Group 1 winner

makes me laugh a little when some people get heated over what people do with their own games or
how other people play their own game.

at the end of the day what you do in your game is your business as long as what you are doing
is not hacking the game or hexing the game or manipulating the legends etc.

Let people play how they want to enjoy the game if that means trying to make a quick buck what
on earth has that got to do with me or for that matter anyone else = NOTHING

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Eh, while I agree, I still thought it was a good question!

The "sell all and buy breeding barn" is like I said, counter intuitive, and may it be no fun waiting to really race for at least 2 game years of play with this bend new shiny game you just bought!

I see a lot of comments on steam of people that start racing the better 1-2 of the starting horses, bet a little (but with under a year's form in SO6 it is) badly then the game goes negative money and they get frustrated. So my very last summary sentence I think is useful. The game seems balanced so that if you just sit down and start playing you should also be doing some small amount of successful betting.

What you do with that info and to bet fudge or not is, I agree, a personal thing.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:29 pm
Handicapper

Since you can now save while at the races, what I did was:
1.) Play through the date once and note the first and second place finishers for each race.
2.) Close the game without saving.
3.) Reopen the game and place all of my money on the first two finishers for the first race either in an RF or an SF bet.
4.) Save it!
5.) Play the race. If the horses I pet on don't finish 1-2, I reload until they do. Sometimes this can take a LOT of reloads.
6.) Continue to race 2 and repeat steps 3-5.

Why RF/SF bets? The odds don't change. Place a bet on a single horse, the odds change and you can potentially result in little money won in the end. I'd rather bet on two horses even if the max bet is considerably smaller.

I often end the day when I hit about $50 million in the bank. Last time I did it, I got nearly $100 million. I then do it again when I hit about $20 million. Breeding can eat a LOT of money.

Having an auto clicker program like Auto Clicker by Shocker makes betting super easy. I set up the horses for the bet, start my auto clicker program if it's not open already, and then hit the button to start it with my mouse over either the Max RF or the Max SF button. Placing 1000 bets or better in a go takes a few minutes and you walk out with a ton of money. The fact that we can save now while at the races made it so much easier, too. It's not so frustrating when the horse you bet on loses forcing you to restart and replace your bets.

And I do agree that it's funny how people get up in arms about how people play their own games. I'll admit that I tend to cheat at every single player game I play. Only ones I don't cheat in are multiplayer. I don't play the SO league so I'll cheat until the cows (or rather ponies) come home. Making money in games is not something I really enjoy unless it's part of the game play such as Port Royale, Tradewinds, etc. While you can argue making money is part of the game play for SO, I'd much rather focus on winning races and breeding good horses. I'm playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate right now and I'm already bored farming money in the game despite still being in the first sequence. I cheated my money with Cheat Engine, bought what I could, and can now focus on the rest of the game which I do enjoy. If I can figure out how to cheat my level, I would. I find the leveling system in the game to be stupid and miss the old system, but I haven't played the series since Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]