View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hide Horse Stats: Anyone tried? Considering self-challenge 
Handicapper

Post Hide Horse Stats: Anyone tried? Considering self-challenge
Title has my general question. Anyone else going to try this feature and see how the game does?

I'm considering running two stables, same schedule, one where I hide stats, one I don't. Running them both a set number of game years, maybe 6-10? Then unhiding the previously hidden stats on that barn and see how they compare with the one where I knew.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Hide Horse Stats: Anyone tried? Considering self-challen
Howdy
I have tested the idea in SO6.
I cannot comment if it is the same in SO7 but i suspect it might be.
If i wasnt playing in the League i would probably get rid of the bars as well, much more realistic.

So find the folder "\Starters Orders 6\gfx\misc".
I have the Steam version and it is in the Steam folder D:\steam\steamapps\common\Starters Orders 6\gfx\misc.

MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACKUP OF ANY FILES YOU MESS WITH!
The files you need to modify or delete are in there.
Its been a long time since i tested the method so if you want details then ask and i will endeavor to post here.
Basically you can either change the colors of the bars to match the background panel or delete them completely.
You will not break the game as long as you have made backups of the originals (SO6).

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:05 pm
Handicapper

Ah thanks for the directions, but it is a checkbox on the main start-up screen of SO7. Added right under Ambient Audio Commentary box on the bottom left under Game Options.

I checked with new games, and it affects every game as you open it and acts as a toggle, so it is discipline based and you can take a peek at one if say you were considering export/ttf ing it. So you could run a game with it off, exit and toggle it on, reopen and look at the horse(s) you were curious about, then close and turn it back on.

It hides not just the stats tab/screen, but all vertical bars except fitness and condition.

It being so easy now, is one reason I was asking.

(Also on Steam, where I have SO6, you can find the game in your library, right-click, chose properties, and then go to the tab "Local Files". Options to back-up there, you can also delete a live directory - in the steam folder - if you changed many files and select "Verify Integrity Of Game Files .." and it will check files against the standard install and replace/redownload missing/changed ones. Handy if you aren't sure you hand backed up everything you ended up changing.).

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:42 pm
Group 3 winner

HAHAHA.....well thats what i get for not having SO7.
Glad to learn its now a feature.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:03 am
Handicapper

Thanks for answering though, and what you did know was helpful.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]