View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Help with this horse 
Selling plater

Post Help with this horse
I got a 3 year filly who's a group one horse but after she won the Fillies Mile at Newmarket the jockey feedback was she ran freely try Pacifier. So in next two races tried Noseband and Blinkers but she finished both times last and jockey says ran freely and outclassed. I don't know what to do with her as her stats are pretty good and her aim this year was the 1000 Guineas which I think she would have a good chance in. But I don't know what to do carry on as she's a group one horse or just retire her. However if I retire her she might pass it on to her offspring.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:12 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Help with this horse
What does her confidence bar look like? If it is a lower one, try tossing her out in a field for a month. Works as a reset button for that I think in the game.

Also, did you try visor? From looking at the legend editor screen, preferred pacifier is specific to one of the three. In SO6, I noticed the trait was hereditary for the specific pacifiers too. So a mare that needed blinkers, as long as not bred to another pacifier using stud, would have foals that improved in blinkers only, if they also needed a pacifier. That may still help you if the form of this horse's sire or dam who needed a pacifier is still in the game. See what they used in winning races, and that should be the "right" one. If they both used one, it still limits the chances to 1 of 2 to guess, not 1 of 3.

These are not mutually exclusive. If you used the "wrong" (1 in three chance) pacifier the first time, and she blew the race because of it, and has low confidence, that would then make her blow the next few races. So if low confidence, perhaps even the second pacifier was the "right" one but the confidence issue was in effect masking it.

That's where I'd start at least.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:58 am
Selling plater

Ok cheers I will have a look at what you said and get back to you.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:16 pm
Selling plater

Hi I did what you said and looked at sire and dam they had no pacifier when racing. However looking through the Sire I noticed it had a wind operation. So I thought I give my horse one which I did. I then entered the horse in a prep race before 1000 Guineas in Newmarket at Dubai what happened she won by 11 lengths with no pacifier. Next race was my main target the 1000 Guineas she won it by 3 lengths and then I raced in french Guineas won again. So basically that wind operation made a whole lot of difference.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:25 am
Handicapper

Ha! Good find. So the jockey may sometimes report the wind operation as needs pacifier.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:29 am
Selling plater

Yh it was a good find haha, yh the jockey will sometimes say after the race that it heard a noise which means horse needs a wind operation. Finally with the pacifier I look at sire and dam to see if they needed one to win their races.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:21 am
Group 1 winner

Useful information to know, thanks

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]