View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Can someone teach me how to breed? 
Selling plater

Post Can someone teach me how to breed?
I was never great at breeding before, but at least I could breed G1 winners...now, well you don't want to know what I breed now. Was just wondering if anyone has put out a breeding guide or if someone would explain how they breed to me. Thank you!

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:27 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Can someone teach me how to breed?
There are definitely more comprehensive and better ways than the way I start breeding but at least it`s simple and works.

Firstly buy mares at the sales, they don`t have to be any good at racing, what you need to look for is a high potential bar even if it`s mainly light green, 70% or above is fine. If you can find a stallion with a similar potential bar then you can use that too but it`s not as important. You can always just resell if they are no good for a small loss.

Secondly check the form of all the stallions available in the breeding barns, even look for cheaper stallions that didn`t win so many races but got placed a lot.

Thirdly breed them and cross your fingers. The more mares you have the better the chance of a decent horse.

Don`t sell any yearlings just wait till they reach 2yo and auction any with low potential unraced for more money.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]