View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition
I would LOVE to see the CB for Johns horses "Ghostcatcher" and "Mabs Cross". :wink:

Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:56 pm
Group 3 winner

U think it took her until week 6 to win a race and instead of sending her to royal ascot she ran in some maiden :lol: :lol:

And this is my best ever 2yo if not my best ever horse Ghostcatcher :D :D :D I breed him 11 months ago and i never bred another 5 furlong 2yo. I knew that it was going to be impossible to breed any better . :D :D

Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:34 pm
Group 3 winner

This is why newcomers need not get sucked into just improving the bars . Here's two stayers i breed for SO7 and one horse beat the other horse by 10L, have a guess who is the better stayer . :D

Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:08 pm
Group 3 winner

Thank you very much for posting the pics John.

Well that shuts me up, i was totally wrong Jim!
I'm off to eat some humble pie now. :oops:

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:20 am
Group 1 winner

If Bally Science was the winner then I would put it down to having a full 'Finish Application' bar.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:56 am
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:
Thank you very much for posting the pics John.

Well that shuts me up, i was totally wrong Jim!
I'm off to eat some humble pie now. :oops:

But it's not that simple, ghostcatcher only had 99 percent potential and most of the horses had 100. I'd have to look at the other horses he beat and Mabs to see if they were the best. I'll have a look when I get home tonight. The other thing is I mixed my 3yo 6f with my 2yo 6f because they would give them better bars and it ruined them. I always kept them apart and it was not a wise thing to do even if my 2yo had better bars. Jim said yesterday that it's important that u trial u horses often and that is what I firmly believe. I would say breeding is 60 percent of the game and it's 20 percent running trials and 20 percent running u trials the right way.

Last edited by ghosty on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
If Bally Science was the winner then I would put it down to having a full 'Finish Application' bar.

I breed Bally and about 10 other stayers about 3 or 4 months ago and I breed Ferdy and around 10 others since I came back from my hols and my Bally lot put 10L into the new lot. Why did they whack them, i'd put it down to the unknowns . In SO6 I had this 1m4 filly who had poor cruise bar ( i'd say half way) compared to all my other horses at that distance and she kept beating all my better bar horses for years, I gave up on breeding 1m4 horses for over two years because of her and I only breed them this season because it was the last. I'll never know why she kept beating them even with a lot worse bars. Another horse that was baffling was a filly I had called Nibbs Point ( she looked special in my trials) 3 years ago and she was still 3 or 4 best when I ran my trials for the last season, she had far less cruise bar than all my new horses but yet she was still as good as them even though she was born many years before. Somethings puzzled me and she was one of them.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 am
Group 3 winner

Jango when I get home i'll try to find pics that went against the norm on SO6. Horses that didn't have as good a cruise bar as the rest of my horses but who could still compete with horses that had far better cruise bar.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:26 am
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
Jango when I get home i'll try to find pics that went against the norm on SO6. Horses that didn't have as good a cruise bar as the rest of my horses but who could still compete with horses that had far better cruise bar.

No worries mate.
Seeing what you have posted so far has blown my theory out of the water.
Cheers

ghosty wrote:
20 percent running u trials the right way.

Certainly something i haven't sorted yet. My best horses last season were 2nd choices and my trial standouts were just average.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 am
Group 3 winner

Nibbs Point is from season 6 and we finished on season 9 so u can see how old she is but she still won my last trials and she beat horses with cruise like this , she didn't have the cruise the other horses had but she was still better than them.

I think some horses are freaks and Nibbs was a freak like my Coigach over 2m4.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:04 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm still playing a save of only 5 - 6 furlong horses. This horse just hit the breeding shed. A Triple Crown winner with a 6 furlong breeding indicator. Every mare is going to him. He had better produce something good.

The AI can't tell a good horse either. This horse ran in two sellers in its first three races.

I have his second dam who has produced three Grade 1 winners.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:41 am
Handicapper

I wonder if his Stamina is higher than the average 5/6F horse.. considering his win avg is 9.25.. might go against your breeding requirements.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 am
Group 1 winner

MaLuckyDay wrote:
I wonder if his Stamina is higher than the average 5/6F horse.. considering his win avg is 9.25.. might go against your breeding requirements.

It has to be. I've got a few mares I've raced and are now in the shed (not from the sire above) who ended up with 1700 stamina but had 1200 breeding indicators. As long as their breeding indicator is 5-6 furlong I'll keep them. I breed them to pure sprinters to keep it a sprinting save. I have a nice group of mares stats wise. All from breeding within one save. I had transferred in a couple horses but they haven't made much of an impact.

One thing about SO7 I like is the jockey AI during the race is a bit different. The jockey will make a well timed last whip approaching the wire. They didn't do that in the last game.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:07 am
Group 1 winner

MaLuckyDay wrote:

Well, we saw this coming. All his foals are at the least 7 furlong and up horses. Most have unremarkable stats. I'm sticking to my rules with this save so they will be sold. The game retired this sire after one year in the shed. Really stupid AI move considering his exemplary record. The game needs to resemble real world breeding. Tons of garbage sires with terrible racing records on the list and it decides to retire a triple crown winner of 12 grade 1's after one year at stud. :?

Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:26 am
Handicapper

SiriusChill wrote:
MaLuckyDay wrote:

Well, we saw this coming. All his foals are at the least 7 furlong and up horses. Most have unremarkable stats. I'm sticking to my rules with this save so they will be sold. The game retired this sire after one year in the shed. Really stupid AI move considering his exemplary record. The game needs to resemble real world breeding. Tons of garbage sires with terrible racing records on the list and it decides to retire a triple crown winner of 12 grade 1's after one year at stud. :?

Keep the good ones for a future save when you do milers to 10F horses at least the line isnt wasted that way.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next