View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 No races to suit in un-modded Australia schedule 
Handicapper

Post No races to suit in un-modded Australia schedule
I'm a new player and while I've dabbled in both games (6 and 7) recently, I haven't tried out modding or anything yet.

My problem is, I'm playing the Australian flat schedule and I've got a couple of super horses who love running 1m1f+. I've ridden them in gallops to pinpoint their running style and distance, so I know they can't afford to go any shorter because they don't build enough of the yellow bar to get them home.

But there's no races for them :cry: All the races are either G-level, that they're definitely not strong enough for, or they're claiming races and I can't risk losing them just when I finally get them winning.

So it's kind of question on how mods work - do I have to set up the modded schedule before I start the game file or can I mod on the fly? Does that mean the other save game I have sitting there is going to be lost too? Can I export these horses that I really like from this game and import them into a new game if I have to restart?

Also, since this is related to no races available, I had a 2 yo in my starting lot that had already won a maiden race but wasn't given a handicap rating by the form-building, so literally no races showed up for her for like two months. Is that because the schedule didn't have Novice races available or is that a glitch because she didn't have a handicap rating?

Thanks for reading and any answers :)

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:43 am
Selling plater

Post Re: No races to suit in un-modded Australia schedule
To the best of my knowledge, you would need to start a new save if you wanted to use a modded schedule. But yes, you can send horses to the 'game pool' and bring them over to your new save. So, you wouldn't need to lose them.

Not sure on the 2yo, but I think it is similar to the US schedule, that sometimes there are not alot of races to chose from when you win a race. There are plenty of maiden races, not much of anything else.

Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:16 am
Handicapper

Post Re: No races to suit in un-modded Australia schedule
Thank you for your reply :)

It's probably for the best, as much as it would burn to give up a new game where I managed to get breeding in the first season after going broke in like three other new games lol. At least the one I'd definitely export is a G1 winning stallion, so he'd be the best starter stallion for a breeding barn I can hope for. The lack of races is even affecting him; there's only really 1 race every three months within the three classes I'd race him in and I'd love to get a G2 win on him. Because there were no G3/G2 races available at his distance, I threw all caution to the wind and put him in a 2 mile G1 H'cap, so he's gone completely backwards in progressing through races.

Do you play with a modded schedule?

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]