View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 SO7 standard Uk flat/jump schedule 
Handicapper

Post SO7 standard Uk flat/jump schedule
Hi,

In SO7 has the standard game schedule changed much from SO6?

I’m still playing 6 currently and have a combined schedule, one of my biggest gripes is the schedule becomes a bit tiresome after 10 seasons or so, I love the idea of breeding your own horses and then sending them all over the world to race in the top races, flat and jump. Whereas the in game schedule had some of these it was nowhere near enough IMO, no Kentucky Derby for example

Is there much change to the schedule in 7? Are there more continental G1 races to enter?

Thanks in advance

Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: SO7 standard Uk flat/jump schedule
Cuzer wrote:
Hi,

In SO7 has the standard game schedule changed much from SO6?

I’m still playing 6 currently and have a combined schedule, one of my biggest gripes is the schedule becomes a bit tiresome after 10 seasons or so, I love the idea of breeding your own horses and then sending them all over the world to race in the top races, flat and jump. Whereas the in game schedule had some of these it was nowhere near enough IMO, no Kentucky Derby for example

Is there much change to the schedule in 7? Are there more continental G1 races to enter?

Thanks in advance

None

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:46 am
Handicapper

Really? How disappointing? Surely the chance to throw in more G1 races around the world would have been appealing

A real missed trick I’d say

Thanks for letting me know

Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:55 pm
Group 3 winner

I believe the schedule is on the list of things to be revamped and improved, and it definitely needs it, but, there has been no update on this for quite a while. The stock schedule is wholly inadequate for the number of horses in the game, especially now your stable can be up to 512 horses.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:06 am
Selling plater

I personally I unwilling to commit my time to the new game (SO7) until the schedule is updated in terms of the races being run on the correct days IE Dewhurst and Middle Park now weeks apart and also very exciting races such as the Commonwealth Cup at Royal Ascot being added. Also races happening in the same order on the day as they do in real life (feature race last).

I also have very little interest in South African racing, certainly not to the extent that it features in the game and would like the option to remove these races if possible in one click.(Not having to go into schedule editor).

I believe the default schedule should reflect the intermediate UK race goers knowledge of races. IE all top handicaps and Listed and featured races in the UK plus a very good helping of top races in Ireland and France particularly including trials to big races like the derby and Guinee's so you can see and race against the up and coming foreign horses and create some rivalry's and added spice on the big day. A good splattering of International races such as USA Triple crown girls and boys, Melbourne Cup, Cox plate etc. The big races from Dubai, Hong Kong and Japan and races like the Pegasus.

These top top races could be made particularly difficult to win to keep the hardcore gamers interested while most of us can play to win the standard UK Ireland and France races.

I know Mark does a fantastic job with a massive workload. SO6 is my favourite game of all time period but the Schedule in SO7 has to be updated preferably with updated jockeys and trainers too.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 am
Handicapper

Is the schedule likely to be updated in a patch do we think? Mark?

Have to say I’m amazed and shocked it wasn’t freshened up for SO7, I’m 11 seasons into my game on S06 and the schedule hinders future years, like I mentioned above the excitement for me is sending my best horses to G1 races all around the world, I want to go to NZ, SA, more in USA and Australia, surely it should be easy to add some of these G1 races to the standard schedule?

Cheers

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 am
Site Admin

Yes. As mentioned it will be refreshed. I plan on only doing the UK schedules at the moments as I'm more familiar with these. There are mods available as far as I know that people have already completed.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:20 am
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Yes. As mentioned it will be refreshed. I plan on only doing the UK schedules at the moments as I'm more familiar with these. There are mods available as far as I know that people have already completed.

Hi Mark

Do you have anyone to help you fix and modernise the Australian fixtures?
Some really big races have been added to the Australian racing calendar in recent years. It would also be nice if the majority of big Australian races are run on a saturday to mirror what happens in Oz with the Melb Cup run on a tuesday.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

Hi Mark, does this include updates to the AI in terms of how often horses are running and race entries? If this is unlikely to be able to be improved, is there a chance that more conditions can be added to allow modders to have more control over encouraging horses to and away from certain races? Thanks

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi Mark, does this include updates to the AI in terms of how often horses are running and race entries? If this is unlikely to be able to be improved, is there a chance that more conditions can be added to allow modders to have more control over encouraging horses to and away from certain races? Thanks

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:35 pm
Handicapper

Mark

That’s great you’re planning on shaking up the schedule a bit

The majority is great as it is, like I mentioned I just feel more of the G1 races in other countries rally adds to the game, sending your horses around the world to take on the best of the best is how it should be

Any idea on when this patch will be released?

Cheers

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:31 am
Group 3 winner

Cuzer wrote:
Mark

That’s great you’re planning on shaking up the schedule a bit

The majority is great as it is, like I mentioned I just feel more of the G1 races in other countries rally adds to the game, sending your horses around the world to take on the best of the best is how it should be

Any idea on when this patch will be released?

Cheers

I have to disagree, the majority isn't great as it is in my opinion. There are far too few opportunities for lower class horses, e.g. low rated handicaps, and nowhere near enough maiden races for all ages, especially 2 and 3 year olds, but also all age maidens. As I have stated previously, your stable can now be up to 512 and the game has expanded over the years, but the schedule hasn't and it is still designed for a much earlier version of the game. We probably shouldn't even get started about the jumps side :roll:

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:37 am
Handicapper

And I mainly play the jumps side..... :(

Let’s see what Mark has in store for the schedule update...come overhaul

Really put me off S07 until this has been freshened up, real shame

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:05 am
Handicapper

I'll put in a vote for the Australian schedule - both low rated handicaps over a range of distances and the inclusion of Listed races. According to a racing schedule I downloaded for Australia, there are four Listed races in the month of August alone.

I've copied nearly the entire Diary into a spreadsheet and I can't actually remember seeing a Listed race.

You're basically stuck selling stayers, no matter their class or potential, because there's nothing above 1m4f for anything other than G1 horses or you get one who wants to run at 1m3f and can win, but there's no races for months. In terms of the higher end of potential, I have more than a few horses who are too good for C2's but not good enough for Group races. I don't really want to have to deliberately sabotage their ratings every time they win something just to keep them in C2's.

And as for Claiming and Selling races, according to an article I just read, dated this year, there aren't Claiming races in Australia? I certainly can't find anything by Googling. Which means that the already too frequent Claiming and Selling races in the Australian schedule are completely inaccurate and taking up spots in the schedule that could be used for more handicaps or Listed races.

I know there are people who've made better schedules and you can mod it, but surely the fact that the inclusion of Claiming races is completely inaccurate to reality merits an update to default game? Not everyone visits the forums, especially people on Steam who assume that if a Steam game has mods, it will have a Workshop page.

It's really disappointing to have to sell off potentially promising horses just because there aren't any races for them. It's also a little odd that a racing schedule update and improvement in a game that basically relies on the quality of it's schedule isn't more of a priority :?

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]