View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Newbie needs S07 help!! 
Selling plater

Post Newbie needs S07 help!!
When I play a new season I always want to understand the training aspect on I have a few questions about the game in general

1) how do I keep my horse well conditioned?
2) how do I get horses that are not all hold up horses?
3) how many races should each age race roughly a year? based on good horses and handicapping type horses?

thanks for any of your help

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Newbie needs S07 help!!
1) Let them rest, or lower their work then train them again. Blue training regimen (or put in field if bought) is light work/rest, yellow is back in regular work, red is harder work to get the higher fitness. But a horse can't hold staying super fit in hard work forever. You will usually see the second over from the left vertical bar go back up as you rest. The leftmost goes up with work. But the second from the left drops after a race (usually). So it is a matter of resting until the second bar comes back up when it gets low. Or you can start a new game, and in the game creation "Game mode and settings" page, turn on "Simple Training Model" if you do not wish to fiddle with this.

2) Get other horses, breed to other horses. Pace preference is also genetic and inheritable in this game.

3) Depends on the horse, the maturity, and how well you balance the rest as explained in 1 to be able to get the horse fit for races. Some stats also matter for this, esp the horizontal "Constitution" bar. They can go more often.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:23 pm
Group 1 winner

I detail my approach to manual training in this thread...

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18342

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 am
Selling plater

Thankyou to the both of you

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]