View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Horse stats 
Handicapper

Post Re: Horse stats
Chances of maxing out potential have decreased as a whole in SO7, whether intended by design or not I think everyone is agreed on this. Though it is still possible to max out a horse bred from on older dam, though harder than from a younger dam and sire, still it seams easier than in previous versions where I too wouldn't really attempt it. This is one of the 50+ horses in my current crop of 2yo from a 14yo dam (so 12yo when in foal). By no means one of my best 2yo, buy still ok on potential and proves it is possible to max out potential from an older dam if you want to attempt it.

This is the sire:

This is the dam:

And finally, the latest 1yo from the same dam & sire (so in foal as a 13yo):

Most of my Dams are 5-12yo. So long as they produce horses I can keep that are maxing out potential, running fast and winning Group races I keep them. Few last past 10-12 though.

And yes, they are photos and not screenshots. Taking a screenshot of SO7 on my laptop in windowed mode is like looking at an ant on google earth! :lol:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:00 am
Handicapper

ghosty wrote:
dragontrainer wrote:
Unless your scare mongering then what's the point of playing this game and I assume you are. I take anything your saying with a pinch of salt otherwise I have to think I'm totally wasting my time with the game. So where is your proof? Maybe your games are just not progressing? I don't know but you have shown no factual evidence.

Where's my proof!!! Playing this game like a idiot for the last 5 years, there's my proof. U can do what u like ( I don't care) and u can listen to what I say ( take it or leave it) but these horses are no good after 8. Over jumps u could get 9 or 10 with real longer staying chasers. Dragon do whatever u like it's up to u , I will keep quiet and not say another word on breeding.

John, I agree with you, there's definately something not right with the potential in older horses but don't let people like Dragontrainer put you off sharing your conclusions with the rest of us.

The guys like myself who have been around starters orders for a long time respect your opinion.

Jim

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:19 pm
Selling plater

Wannabe wrote:
I have commented in several other posts over the last couple of months that there is a problem with potential. I don't have large stables of horses, roughly 25-30 mares and none older than 15yo. I find that I only get about 2 horses every 3 seasons who max out their potential.

It's not like my games are not progressing. I have started a new breeding line and this is the result so far.

Not as good as my old line of horses who have better cruising burst and extra speed but I hope when I breed the two lines together I will get something good.

Jim

First off, it that's an example of "not as good" I bow before you and am not worthy! ;-)

Not to add gas to this discussion fire, but what if it's the deterioration bar that accounts for what you believe to be a problem with older horse breeding quality?

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2