View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Horse stats 
Selling plater

Post Horse stats
Hi I'm not really sure but as my breeding stock ages it seem like their stats (potential) etc deteriorated especially when they get quite old.my question is do their offspring get their original stats or the old age stats thanks

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:42 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Horse stats
Potential is genetic if a stallion produces good horses with high potential, it should still produce good horses if it’s own potential drops

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:55 pm
Group 3 winner

Sadly it where the horses stats were when it was breed, old horses are useless.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm
Handicapper

ghosty wrote:

This was addressed in one of the patches.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm
Selling plater

Thanks guys looks like my 10 yr estates are still good then really glad about that I got some good stallions at the moment

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:13 pm
Selling plater

Thanks guys looks like my 10 yr estates are still good then really glad about that I got some good stallions at the moment

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 pm
Group 3 winner

ikem007 wrote:
ghosty wrote:

This has never been addressed in any SO games and it hadn't been addressed when I last played it a week or so ago. Get past 7 or 8 and it's just not worth breeding to.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:11 pm
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
ikem007 wrote:
ghosty wrote:

This has never been addressed in any SO games and it hadn't been addressed when I last played it a week or so ago. Get past 7 or 8 and it's just not worth breeding to.

In another thread Mark said, "The potential parameter may go down with age but the related (hidden) genetic parameter does not so potential dropping with age will not affect the quality of the offspring. If it is proven older horses are creating lower quality offspring (and people complained about this with SO6) then there may be a bug somewhere but it is not related to potential.". Taken from here http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17558&p=147936#p147936.

Personally I haven't noticed a problem and I have quite a few stallions 10yrs+.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 pm
Group 3 winner

Sadly Dragon Mark has said this many times and it's never changes, the potential doesn't go down but the potential to get full actual potential goes down. They can give dark green but not proper light green potential, it's a waste of time breeding to them.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:57 pm
Handicapper

ghosty wrote:
Sadly Dragon Mark has said this many times and it's never changes, the potential doesn't go down but the potential to get full actual potential goes down. They can give dark green but not proper light green potential, it's a waste of time breeding to them.

Yes, this I agree with. The full potential was fixed, is what I meant in my earlier response. The older they get the greater the difference between full and realised though. I have still managed to breed those that can reach full potential, though they rarely are in the 90s and it's rare to achieve in itself.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:06 am
Selling plater

So if I read all of this correctly, the best course of action is to breed with Sires that are still very high potential (and hopefully have fully realized it). To me that means that I make sure that my Sires have reached full realized at 4 / 5 yo and then immediately retire them and breed with them. And the same with Dams / Mares.

Is my assumption correct, or am I missing something?

(I'm thinking that this may also be related to the fact that the deeper into breeding seasons I go the fewer Yearlings I get that have any hope of realizing their Yearling potential bar.)

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:11 pm
Group 3 winner

nighthawk wrote:
So if I read all of this correctly, the best course of action is to breed with Sires that are still very high potential (and hopefully have fully realized it). To me that means that I make sure that my Sires have reached full realized at 4 / 5 yo and then immediately retire them and breed with them. And the same with Dams / Mares.

Is my assumption correct, or am I missing something?

(I'm thinking that this may also be related to the fact that the deeper into breeding seasons I go the fewer Yearlings I get that have any hope of realizing their Yearling potential bar.)

They are are not worth breeding to after 8 years of age.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:47 pm
Group 3 winner

Unless your scare mongering then what's the point of playing this game and I assume you are. I take anything your saying with a pinch of salt otherwise I have to think I'm totally wasting my time with the game. So where is your proof? Maybe your games are just not progressing? I don't know but you have shown no factual evidence.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:07 am
Group 2 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
Unless your scare mongering then what's the point of playing this game and I assume you are. I take anything your saying with a pinch of salt otherwise I have to think I'm totally wasting my time with the game. So where is your proof? Maybe your games are just not progressing? I don't know but you have shown no factual evidence.

I have just checked what is happening in the 3 x 50+ season games I have running and while I don't have definative proof, there is not a single horse in either game who maxed out their potential with a parent over 11 years old and usually the stud was a horse 5 - 7 years old when the mare was a slightly older horse.

I have commented in several other posts over the last couple of months that there is a problem with potential. I don't have large stables of horses, roughly 25-30 mares and none older than 15yo. I find that I only get about 2 horses every 3 seasons who max out their potential.

It's not like my games are not progressing. I have started a new breeding line and this is the result so far.

Not as good as my old line of horses who have better cruising burst and extra speed but I hope when I breed the two lines together I will get something good.

Jim

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:44 am
Group 3 winner

dragontrainer wrote:

Where's my proof!!! Playing this game like a idiot for the last 5 years, there's my proof. U can do what u like ( I don't care) and u can listen to what I say ( take it or leave it) but these horses are no good after 8. Over jumps u could get 9 or 10 with real longer staying chasers. Dragon do whatever u like it's up to u , I will keep quiet and not say another word on breeding.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next