View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How to win consistently ? 
Selling plater

Post How to win consistently ?
Hey everyone, never played any Starters Orders game until recently when I bought 7 and I'm addicted. I have a few questions for seasoned vets. When I have a good horse that's 75% Potential (never had it full yet) and I'm like "yes here we go, going to dominate all the G1's" but it turns out to be a dud and can barely win G3s even tho it's the favourite for all the G1's. It's got 75% stats on everything you want but still nothing. Is it down to the Jockey ? Is it down to Pacifiers ? What do I need to do, so many horses that I think should be good have been duds. I know that realism is there like some never be as good as they look like being but I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong lol.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:43 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: How to win consistently ?
Sc00sh wrote:
Hey everyone, never played any Starters Orders game until recently when I bought 7 and I'm addicted. I have a few questions for seasoned vets. When I have a good horse that's 75% Potential (never had it full yet) and I'm like "yes here we go, going to dominate all the G1's" but it turns out to be a dud and can barely win G3s even tho it's the favourite for all the G1's. It's got 75% stats on everything you want but still nothing. Is it down to the Jockey ? Is it down to Pacifiers ? What do I need to do, so many horses that I think should be good have been duds. I know that realism is there like some never be as good as they look like being but I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong lol.

At 75% it's not good enough for a group 1, unless you get a very weak one. The game will make your horse favourite if it has some decent form, especially if it has scraped a group 3 win recently. Group 1's are hard to come by, as they should be, ideally they should be even harder with the better horses targeting them. If the game was too easy where would the fun be? If it feels an achievement to get a Group 1 winner, surely that is better than wiping the floor with the opposition?

Just keep trying, you'll hopefully get there eventually. I currently have a stable of about 160 horses, season 3 I think, I play very slowly with full training, and I perhaps have 1 or 2 possible real group1 possibilities coming through, I think that's how it should be. I might sneak a few others depending on the opposition. As time goes by, with the breeding side, hopefully I'll get a few more.

I prefer realism over winning everything :)

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]