View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Breeding debate 
Handicapper

Post Breeding debate
Firstly I would like to say even though I am finding the breeding side difficult at the moment I much prefer it this way rather than the so 6 way but I have noticed in my game the the standard of 2yo since the last couple of patches to be really poor even when breeding with group 1 sires and broodmares. I had been making steady progress up till then breeding a couple of group 1 winners but all of a sudden going by the ratings bar my 2yo would be lucky to win claiming race so I’ve got rid of them straight away as they would never be any good to breed with.is this just in my game or is this a bug that has appeared in the game.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:55 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Breeding debate
I’ve never found a quality 2yo at auction which has been like that from the start but the breeding seems to have changed recently which I’m finding frustrating.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:25 pm
Group 3 winner

The potential bar keeps dropping down and so u notice it more at 2yo. I'd say it's dropped a good 10 or more percent since middle/late april.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:14 pm
Group 1 winner

never buy horses from 1st day auctions 99% are no good and vastly overpriced you need to go to racing every day and look at the 3yos on offer the ones that are 1m + horses that ran over 5/6f the prev season normally cost 200k ish you can find listed/group winners from theses I got a derby winner last season cost me 192k! happy hunting

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:46 pm
Group 1 winner

its been like it since the beginning of SO there is never any good horses in the 2yo auctions if you owned a decent 2yo would you sell it?though the mid season mare/weekly now show some promise

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm
Handicapper

I'm careful what I toss now. Here is one from a game still early. Mare was a cheap broodmare sale buy. A handicap winner who's best foal so far had been a filly rated in the 90s which won only one of their races: a novice. I used a game standing sire who was just a single G2 winner, but had a couple of other G2/G3 placings and had a good winner production, and a couple of G2 winning foals from not very many mares. I wasn't expecting much but something to sell to buy a better mare/higher stud fees.

The potential was just under 50% at 2. It is what you see now at 4.

It took me a while to realize she needed 2-4f longer than either parent. And that even though her going preference is soft, she's fine on good to firm or even firm. Put her a G3 when her rating squeaked over 100, barely. Imagine my surprise. And since did well in Dubai, oh why not the Gold Cup. Could have scraped me off the floor.

Doubt I'll get a G1 on her at 5, but may get some more G2s I think. Yeats is out there and must be avoided. ;) When doubt now, I race, then toss.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:43 pm
Group 1 winner

while I agree with what you're saying unfortunately average/below average horses do win group races ingame look at the times hardly inspiring

Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:33 pm
Handicapper

/nod

Though one of its wins was at a better time for the race in the game. This is early in a standard schedule game though. Horse ended up as far more competent than potential alone suggested.

I don't trial them all in the kit, as I have no plans of joining the league. But even there, some do better than others.

I think you can look at varying goals.

1. Win some nice races at hand in the game you have.
2. Start a breeding pool that can produce horses good in the trial tool, for league.
3. Have horses that win with time equal or better than real life greats.
4. Have horses with picture perfect bars, which are also solid performers, and producers, and do all the above to build a ttf pool.

Not all the same. In a new game, I start at 1. For testing right now I clear ttf and all cache files on some patches. I'm looking forward to seeing how that mare produces though after I race her another (5th) year.

I have horses with potential that *usually* means claimer win stakes, and horses with bars that should win stakes that never make the jump from handicap to listed more frequently in SO7 than SO6.

This is why lean to "When in doubt, race it before tossing" in SO7, and provided my most recent example.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:13 pm
Group 2 winner

The Breeding part of this game is the only problem, tbh its poor
I've had 56 foals in the last 3 seasons & only 15 have got potential the rest have no green light.
The colts & fillies what breed are nearly full of potential, so i have no clue what to do.
If anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated

Cheers

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:24 pm
Selling plater

nashwan wrote:
The Breeding part of this game is the only problem, tbh its poor
I've had 56 foals in the last 3 seasons & only 15 have got potential the rest have no green light.
The colts & fillies what breed are nearly full of potential, so i have no clue what to do.
If anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated

Cheers

Those numbers seem realistic to me. I think we all got spoiled with the unrealistic consistency of breeding in SO6.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]