View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 The SO7 promised 

Will all the improvements be implemented
Poll ended at Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:44 pm
Yes 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8

The SO7 promised 
Group 3 winner

Post The SO7 promised
When SO7 was first advertised on the Strategic Design website there were many improvements from SO6 listed as being done on the game, to date many of these haven't been delivered, and to many, the ones that have i.e. the change in breeding, aren't what was expected. I know we're supposedly still in Beta, and, I assume I'll take a lot of flak for this post, however, I have supported this game through every single edition, and Stable Masters if that was also Mark's? I am therefore speaking from my pocket also, as well as from my gameplay. I haven't cut and pasted the list of game improvements that were stated up to, and through release of SO7, and these no longer appear as the Strategic Designs website has had a face lift. I don't want to go on and on, but, I would like the game we were promised when we parted with our hard earned cash. The silence on when the new schedule, the improved AI etc will be delivered is deafening. I know Mark doesn't have to answer, however, it would be nice if some kind of timetable of when the changes could be implemented would appease many in my opinion.

I only want the game we were told we were buying all those months ago.

I am trying to generate a polite discussion on this matter, so please, no slagging off people or similar commenting. I honestly would just like to know people's thoughts on this serious matter.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:44 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: The SO7 promised
What was promised that hasn't been delivered?

SO7 is the best in the series by a country mile. I like the breeding personally but understand that the league players aren't guaranteed to improve bloodlines in the way SO6 did.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:32 pm
Group 3 winner

bazdev wrote:
What was promised that hasn't been delivered?

SO7 is the best in the series by a country mile. I like the breeding personally but understand that the league players aren't guaranteed to improve bloodlines in the way SO6 did.

Apart from breeding what has been delivered fully?

Where is the revamped schedule (long overdue)
Where is the improved AI
Where are the improvements to the Jumps game?

As I said, I do not have the list, but it was extensive, the changes implemented have not been, and, if breeding is not your be all and end all, what has changed, nothing much, but much was promised.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:17 am
Selling plater

I’m not sure what was exactly promised pal but I most certainly think the AI has been improved by a country mile, I do think the breeding has come on some way and the game is defiantly more in depth. As said not sure about the other things but these have most defiantly been improved

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:00 pm
Handicapper

Is this the list you're talking about?

https://www.startersorders.com/so7newfeatures.pdf

From the look of that, it looks like most things are implemented, at least on the surface.

I've already expressed my concerns about UI and schedule in the development forum, the only thing I noticed might be different is apparently jockeys were supposed to be more aware of a horse's past performance while giving feedback?

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:54 am
Group 3 winner

neves_rats wrote:
i.e. the change in breeding, aren't what was expected.

So what were you expecting?

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:07 am
Handicapper

Changes to the schedule is long overdue and something which shouldn’t be difficult to implement

Guaranteed way of keeping the game fresh and challenging for those who have played SO6 to death

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:12 pm
Group 2 winner

The game is playing great for me the only thing I find is, some time a race or two pop up that is not suppose to run under lights but the only problem is the courses should not have night racing ex. Randwick or Flemington and a few more, but the game has everything I hoped for in a horse racing pc game, and I have to say that "Starters Orders 7" has got to be the best release of all the serious that the author has ever produced in the past.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:35 pm
Group 3 winner

When you have more than just a relatively small sized stable then opportunities for your horses are few and far between, especially at the lower end of the scale, low rated handicaps especially. My current stable is now 172 horses, finding races for them is increasingly difficult, especially horses that have won one race. Handicap ratings are all over the place, which means you can exploit a very well handicapped 3 year old, if you can find low end handicaps, but as there is a woeful lack of these then you end up with either nowhere to run, or, deciding between 3 or 4 qualified horses as to which will run in a race, it is unrealistic to have 3 or 4 runners in a £5k handicap for 0-60 horses. If you have a stable of say 50 horses I can see that you probably have no problem with the game, or less of a problem as the lack of races must still effect to a degree.

The game will never be perfect, and each player wants different things from it, however, if AI and schedule are highlighted as in for a major overhaul, then it isn't too much to ask to expect just that. The schedule has barely changed since way back and is in desperate need to a major overhaul, and this overhaul should not be down to the modding community to do but the proprietor of the game, modders can then adapt it to their own specific taste.

We're never going to all agree, that doesn't make my take on the game any less or more relevant than someone-else's.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:01 pm
Group 3 winner

I`m definitely with you on the schedule and it`s not just lower rated horses. I too like a big stable 150+ with the same amount of yearlings due to join and sort out. It`s not unknown for me to field around 8 runners in the big group races. But admittedly at least that`s better than trying to spread the lower rated horses out, not a fan of running 2 horses in a maiden race.

I think the AI isn`t too bad atm and has been steadily improved through beta.

I kinda like the new breeding at least it keeps my stable size down a little but gaining improvements in a lineage is maybe a little too hard for a game and maybe it`s just too lifelike in that respect.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:36 pm
Selling plater

Main issue is the AI trainers do the same thing with every runner - Maiden -> Seller/Claimer.
Would be nice to see some change to that.

And breeding still has issues -> Horse not compatible error.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]