View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Green condition bar woes 
Selling plater

Post Green condition bar woes
Hey All,

I seem to have an issue with a couple of my horses each season where after their third or fourth run their green condition bar stat hits about 75% but then stays there.

This has led me to believe that these horses are duds and I usually bin them, but on occasion if they're top class I'll keep them around, hesitating on whether to send them to the barn. In my mind they have heart arrhythmia and will just pass it on to their kin (a majority of these horses have been from the same sire but it's not all his fault, my new boom sire is starting to do the same).

First of all, does this even effect the horses performance when this bar gets stuck in limbo?

Is there a way of preventing it?

I guess this is rhetorical but if this is a breeding problem should I just retire every horse I come across with it because it seems to spread like wildfire otherwise.

I'm an auto trainer by the way just in case that is a factor.

If anyone can give me there best guesses at the above that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Green condition bar woes
unfortunately its a trait passed on though it can be bred out head lad will tell you you're close to overacing you normally get 3 runs out of them before the bars are in limbo it mainly happens to 2yo but can continue stick with your current sire and try to breed through it alternatively bin everything affected

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:41 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Green condition bar woes
That's a bit of a nuisance. Will probably go down the 'bin' route as but it's a tricky decision.

Thanks Jalupen.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]