View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Noticing a weird trend in foals 
Selling plater

Post Noticing a weird trend in foals
I've had my homebred stud in the breeding barn for 3+ seasons now, and I have been noticing a strange trend in the foals being thrown, where all of them have max stamina bar. He's a transfer from a different file, but was a solid miler. The mares he has been bred have a wide range, but none are over 1.2f runners (both ideal distance and distance ran). However most of these foals are ending up in the 1.4-2m preferred distance, and I'm a bit lost to as why, since the ideal distances should put them between 7-1.2f.

Furthermore, in this specific file I'm running currently, there is a huge absence of runners in the 7-1.2f distances, across the board in both age and distance. Most of the stakes (even the graded) are completely barren in those distances as well. Is this a bug in breeding, with how stamina is being calculated? I've never experienced this amount long distance runners being thrown outside of the ideal distances, and I'm beginning to wonder if its happening to the other AI stables, causing the lack of entries in the races.

my current broodmare distances (they all have run/won at least 5 races at that distance, so its pretty spot on)

I know breeding is a bit all over the place right now, but this is a very noticeable, specific trend I am seeing since I started this file. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:24 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Noticing a weird trend in foals
Yes I noticed it in my US league game. Normally u don't get many 1m6 + horses in the US game but there are loads now. I don't mind because I can try to breed stayers in my game where u couldn't in old SO games.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:22 pm
Selling plater

In the previous versions (of S07) I haven't had any issues with breeding solid 7-1.2f runners, usually pretty straightforward. Every now and then I would get an odd 1.3-1.4f runner but very rarely. Out of this sire, I would guess that almost half of his foals fall in the 1.4+ catagory, which is absolutely wild. I think I have only managed to produce a handful of runners that could run decent miles. I'm wondering if I should just transfer them all and use them for a UK/AUS file.

These are just two I have in my stable right now, I just sold the rest back in game since I really don't bother with those distances. But both of the mares were milers, so they shouldn't have had that much stamina.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:17 pm
Group 3 winner

Mentioned this over a month ago, I'm guessing Mark has had enough of going through the breeding coding, I know I would have.

Not too bad though as it can be hard to get decent stayers when playing a flat game normally, even nicer when it throws up these sorts now and again.

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:41 am
Selling plater

That's really unfortunate. Is it something limited to the US files only? Its making it exceedingly hard to run a normal game at this point on mine, simply because the AI trainers just aren't entering any of the races. Last season the 2yo kentucky bc was a walk lol! I've never seen it happen before.

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:42 pm
Selling plater

Same thing is happening to me. It seems like it starts when horses who are racing at the beginning of the game start breeding. Pretty much makes the game unplayable. Guess I'll have to wait until it gets fits and start another new game (4th one).

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:40 am
Group 1 winner

I can't say Ive noticed this in the UK game, there seems to be horses of all distances being bred.

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:21 pm
Site Admin

I am not sure why this is happening but there have been some changes in 0.141 that may help. It will take a long time to filter through though.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:02 am
Selling plater

Does anyone know if this has been fixed with the new patch?

Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:14 pm
Selling plater

It went back to "normal" when I updated the patch, at least for my game. I have only had like one or two oddballs (high stamina) which seems a lot more accurate, then what was happening before.

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:19 pm
Group 3 winner

Yes not having as many and some seasons none. Pity in some ways, I was enjoying the stayers appearing from nowhere in a way but I'm playing UK schedule and it's nice to have the odd one.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]