View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Some questions about game mechanics etc 
Selling plater

Post Some questions about game mechanics etc
1. So when you finish a race and the jockey feedback pops up, what does it mean when he says "we struggled for pace" Is that just the horse being slow or the overall pace of the race being slow and how do you fix that.

2. Also is there any indication that tells you where your horse should be positioned during a race ?

Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:21 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Some questions about game mechanics etc
1. This usually means that the distance of the race is too short
2. You have to rely on jockey feedback unless you ride the horse yourself. If you do there are 5 chevrons in the bottom left corner. The black one is the preferred position, top means making the running.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:27 pm
Handicapper

To add on, you don't have to ride your horse in a race, so you won't hamper its performance. You can ride it in a training gallop by clicking the round icon in it's information box that pops up when you select to include it in the gallop. Then you'll see a round symbol next to the gallop selection circle.

The instructions for riding is in the instruction manual. And the symbols correspond with this jockey instruction:

First arrow: Force the pace
Second arrow: Race handy
Third arrow: Even pace
Fourth arrow: Slight hold up
Fifth arrow: Hold up

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:40 am
Group 3 winner

Pommard wrote:
1. This usually means that the distance of the race is too short

I thought this too so I started upping my horses in distance whenever a jockey said this only to find that the jockey would say the distance was a little too far the majority of the time. So I think it means the pace of the race was not ideal, this seems to bear out as pace seems to make a bigger difference in SO7 than ever before. Either that or it's just a chatty jockeys get out comment as to why he lost.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:42 am
Handicapper

Isn't "we struggled for pace" meaning they needed more? Because when they're outpaced, they usually say that instead. Either way, you can also change pace by changing class. An outpaced horse might need to go down to a slower class.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 am
Group 3 winner

I've noted 3 different pace texts so far:

1. "Didn't have the pace for most of the race"
2. "Considering we struggled for pace that was a promising run."
3. "We just didn't have the pace to get into the race."

I noticed 3 is quoted when I dropped the horse in distance but maybe the other 2 also occasionally hint at the same thing.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:39 pm
Handicapper

Yeah, all three of those are for outpaced horses. I see them a lot :roll: In context, it does mean outpaced when they say "struggled for pace". Yeah, that means the rest of the runners were too fast for them and they need to go down a class or longer distance.

If you're seeing it for the first time, it might not mean that the horse in the wrong race, per se. Could be that there was a horse that outclassed the rest and drove the race to be faster (check the time in the formbook, if it's a minus number that means the race was faster than the average for those conditions). Or if the ground was one that the horse didn't like, they would have been slower. Could also mean the running style the jockey used is wrong and they need to be closer to the front of the pack (ride your horses in gallops to check their running style and know for sure).

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 pm
Group 3 winner

I fully agree with you after testing.

Text 1 means your horse is rubbish or the race was rubbish. Bit harshly put lol and I go with the latter for a few times.

Texts 2 and 3 means step up (or down maybe) the distance. Seemed to work most of the time and the jockey had less to say next time. Just wish they would stick to saying might want further or shorter rather than been cryptic about it.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]