View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sad Day game no longer runs 
Selling plater

Post Sad Day game no longer runs
Well it’s happened...I have seen your thread re-mac and explains why the greatest game so4 no longer works.

I’ve invested so much time in this great game, not without its faults the layout and simplicity surpasses that of the so5 on the mac (tried friends) .

I just wondered what admin planned to do for those like me stuck, I have looked the the iOS version for iPad but the reviews are horrific. (No doubt some Smart person will day by a laptop) I’m assuming the market B wasn’t big enough to make a Mac version viable????

There are lots of us out there that don’t have access to windows. Just had a newborn and this game ideal for waiting for her to drift off in the background.

Is there someone perhaps who could suggest how you can run Windows on t he Mac for us technically poor,’ perhaps I could try so7

Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:42 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Sad Day game no longer runs
This is a decision taken by Apple which has implications for many, many games on the store not just the Starters Orders series. In the past I know people have had the Windows versions running on a Mac via WINE or similar. I do not know if this still works.

For the Mac it is now the only possible option available.

A cut-down iOS version of SO7 may happen but cannot be confirmed at this point.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:54 pm
Selling plater

Yeh I’m aware it be macs decision and other games, but not interested in other games. Lol. Just yours.

Is anyone able to give
A guide on how to possibly get so7 to work
On windows.

Don’t want to risk getting and not find a way for it to work.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:16 pm
Handicapper

There are two ways:
1. You can use a built-in function called Bootcamp https://support.apple.com/en-au/boot-camp to install Windows on a seperate partition on your Mac, and then launch to that partition and use it as a Windows laptop to play SO.
2. Or you can use a program like Parallels, which allows you to run Windows virtually at the same time as being logged into your Mac, but you would need a good Mac to play games while doing that (post-2015, MacBook Pro with dedicated GPU, at least).

Both of these ways would require buying a license to Windows 10 so you could install it.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]